PC Gaming News
    Redsox Nation

What's with taunting?

Everytime I'm in a city I get taunted all the time. Is this a common occurrence for a lot of you? Is there some inside joke that I'm not aware of? Is it because I'm a lvl 20 that's not in a guild or because my character's female? It doesn't really bother me I'd just like to know if I'm the butt of some joke that everyone knows except me or it's just keyboard cowboys being themselves. :p

geshinin
    I get it as well...seems the devs thought it would be funny for emotes to be seen visualy and in text...problem with it is its not target specific, hence all the taunts. Most prolly dont even realize they are doing it.

The /taunt and several others sends out a text message saying "Name of person taunts you". As the previous person explained it is not person specific. So anyone who uses /taunt and other similar commands taunts everyone in that city.

Hope that helps.

Jake

Don't worry, they're not taunting you specifically. When ever you use the /taunt emote it shows up in everybody's chat as ' <name> taunts you'.

I suggest you turn emotes off in the chat bar, that way you won't see them. With all the other spam that goes on, it's one less thing you have to look at and it's not like you'll be missing any vital info.

I wish there was a pet/minion/warrior skills that taunts mobs away from casters :D

wow...I didnt realize this went on because I turn the emotes off...thx for the info...now I know they will STAY off

Belgeran

Its just for fun.

Hmm Arathorn, I think you just came across a really cool idea for an expansion skill, taunting. Wouldn't it be awesome to have a skill that forced someone to target you for a few seconds? Extremely awesome in PvP i'd think - get the warriors to be unable to target the monks.....

Monks already run.....why would u want this.... :confused:

PS.im referring to the person above me.