PC Gaming News
    GWOnline.Net Member

Hammer vs Sword whats difference?

I cant seem to tell a difference when using my sword 5-7 and my hammer 6-9. I notice the hammer swings a little slower then my sword. Im new and im sure there is a difference but just curious if there is something noticable. Thanks in advance guys.

The skills are what makes a big difference and you'll notice a difference in damage later on. It's probably too early in the game to see anything significant.

Each weapon has it's "niche" :)

Edgecator
    Quote Originally Posted by LancerX
    I cant seem to tell a difference when using my sword 5-7 and my hammer 6-9. I notice the hammer swings a little slower then my sword. Im new and im sure there is a difference but just curious if there is something noticable. Thanks in advance guys.
    It sounds like you're still on the lower levels. Believe me, the difference becomes much more pronounced when you gain some levels. Basically, it adds up to this:

Swords
    *Attack faster
    *Do less damage per hit than hammers
    *Allow you to use a shield or focus item in your off-hand
    *Make use of condition-based attacks such as Sever Artery, Gash, and Hamstring
    *Probably look cooler

Hammers
    *Attack slower
    *Do much more damage per hit than soldiers
    *Are two-handed
    *Use primarily knockdown attacks, which are good for disruption
    *Mostly look goofy

So it all depends on what you're looking to do. If you're looking to dish out some serious damage, then go for a hammer and knock them senseless. If you're looking to use something in your off-hand, attack faster, and afflict enemies with condition then slash them to ribbons with a sword.

GWOnline.Net Member
    thanks allot guys for the help.