PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Could Tengu possibly be any more overpowered?

These things are ridiculous. Using henchmen, anything more than four is a guaranteed teamwipe. Even fighting four or less, you're most likely going to lose a couple teammates. Even when you're five levels higher than they are, Tengu make travel around the Kryta area an exercise in frustration. They really need to be toned down a bit.

lol yeah i noticed that myself.. i was triing to get to bergen from the nebo/kryta portal and the i hitnk 4 maybe 5 groups of 4 tengu took me almost and hour to kill them all of 1 by 1 by 1 because like you said anything beyond 3 of them will wipe a team of people or hench below like lvl 15.. and they are lvl 13.. dont get why they are that strong.. but yeah i agree they shouldnt be hitting you for 30+ normal attack and of course use seeking blade and yada.. not bad on the special attack but think their normal melee is insanely to hard hitting.. especially since they are always paried with either 2 scouts or a mesmer who ruins everything anyway..

Quote Originally Posted by Sable Phoenix
    These things are ridiculous. Using henchmen, anything more than four is a guaranteed teamwipe. Even fighting four or less, you're most likely going to lose a couple teammates. Even when you're five levels higher than they are, Tengu make travel around the Kryta area an exercise in frustration. They really need to be toned down a bit.

Last night did the Kryta missions with my new Fire elementalist and henchies. My Ele is L12 btw. Anyway, lost one or two henchies the whole night but thats it. I dont think any mob in this game is that hard, and most can be soloed with the right build.

10% of the time the problem when I hear this, the issue is the build or the distribution of points. Many heroes like to spread thier points around. This dilutes your power. For instance, my L12 fire ele has 12 in fire.

90% of the time the problem is simply over agro. People say they dont but thats all they do time and time again. Especailly the Tengu as they rove in packs that are fast and tightly packed. You need to pull and retreat to make sure that you only fight one group at a time, pull and retreat, pull and retreat, for sure if you are using henchies.

If you are building a team make sure it has:

1) 2 Tank to hold agro on the same target- stephan and Little B are fine.
    2) Dedicated healer first - alesia is fine. Smiters/Prot if u have extra room
    3) Nuker/DoT like a fire ele - Orion aint that great.
    4) Puller - rangers are the best for this.
    5) #6 is you

Tengus/Avicaras are my number one ennemy. I'm sure that if they had a little more ambition, they could take over the world with ease.

Well, they're too busy strutting around showing off their bad-assedness and preening their feathers.... My worst nightmare? Gwen revealing her true evil side to the Guild Wars player base by hunting down all the players, having Glint as her right-hand lieutenant, and the Tengus and Avicaras as their soldiers..... They could wipe out anything! Idea for a one year anniversary, maybe? Have a huge invasion of the outposts, like the bone dragon invasin during the betas.... Don't know how to implement that, and its probably impossible, but i do think it would be insanely cool to fend off a tengu invasion in LA, or an Avicara attack in Beacon's perch or droknars....

I farm them no problem.
    *shrugs*

GWOnline.Net Member
    You can argue that any mob is easy when you exercise patience and skill but I really do agree Tengu are crazy strong. I can run into huge groups of the scale guys near Lion's Arch and annihilate them with any character with just my normal micro-management and no complicated and time-consuming pulling methods.

All the Tengu have good skills for quick damage dealing. The warrior guys hit quickly and have seeking blade, the archers do more than average ranged damage and use apply poison and the caster types actually do their job instead of sitting there like statues. Just a pain in the butt...

I think the tengu sound like they should be on Tool Time with Tim Allen.

Arr, arr, arrr...... :D

The Avicara Fierce are probably the worst of the lot. That take serious advantage when people start to huddle up to close and let fly with their arrows. I'd say the Guiles come in second with their clinic on how to be an annoyingly effective necro.

I agree, compared to other monsters of the same level they seem to be tougher.