PC Gaming News
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1

    ideal mesmer pvp weapon?

    im starting to make a pvp mesmer

    im wondering what would be an ideal mesmer pvp weapon since im such a newb with mesmers right now and want to grab something before their items go up in value more.

    are collector items the same? or gold items are definetly better? thanks

  2. #2
    Most dropped items are useless for casters, it takes bonus energy or normally unheard of bonuses (like 20% or better chances to have faster cast rates and recharge times on a spell type you use a lot of, both on a wand) to be better than collector items. Usually collector items are the best for us because it's possible to get a wand that gives us a 20% chance of faster recharge times on certain spell types, and a focus which gives us +12 energy and a 20% chance of faster casting times and faster recharge times (for a total of 40% chance of faster recharge times, though it's speculated it's only a 36% chance or so, due to percentage stacking not addition).

  3. #3
    anybody know which collector gives the best mesmer weapons/focus item?

    and what kind of upgrades for the weapon would be the best/most effecient?

    thanks again for your time

  4. #4
    and would a staff be better or focus item + cane? since staffs could be upgraded while canes can not

  5. #5
    Well there aren't a whole lot of enchantments for mesmers, I can only think of Sympathetic Visage and Mantra of Recall. You wouldn't want to make Mantra of Recall last longer though under normal circumstances. In this instance, if you use primarily mesmer spells you wouldn't want a staff. A wand/focus combo would prove more useful.

  6. #6
    Ah, but a staff does have its advantages:
    +10 Energy, a little random bonus, then two upgrades.

    You can get +30hp wrapping and head for +60hp. Or a +30hp wrapping and +5en head for +30hp and +15en, which is more energy than a cane and chakram. You <i>could</i> go with a +15en cane but -1 regen isn't worth it IMO. I am personally looking for a +10en staff that shortens cripple to slap my +26 head and +28 wrapping on. That combined with a super vig comes out to +104hp... thats 10 extra levels man (hp-wise) and really helps soften the superior rune -hp drawback.

    On the other side you can rely on the randomness of 20/20 items. Thats not my style though.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawyer
    Ah, but a staff does have its advantages:
    +10 Energy, a little random bonus, then two upgrades.

    You can get +30hp wrapping and head for +60hp. Or a +30hp wrapping and +5en head for +30hp and +15en, which is more energy than a cane and chakram. You <i>could</i> go with a +15en cane but -1 regen isn't worth it IMO. I am personally looking for a +10en staff that shortens cripple to slap my +26 head and +28 wrapping on. That combined with a super vig comes out to +104hp... thats 10 extra levels man (hp-wise) and really helps soften the superior rune -hp drawback.

    On the other side you can rely on the randomness of 20/20 items. Thats not my style though.
    Actually its only 5 effective levels, but thats not that relevent.
    The thing is, you can get a lot of mods between the cane and offhand that are better than a staff much of the time. an offhander with +12 energy and +30 health is a good step of the way to as good as it gets for a staff. that and staves just look aweful when you attack with them.

    Also, the +15 energy for -1 regen isnt as bad as its cracked up to be. with enough inspiration magic, you can offset that -1 pretty easy, and 15 extra mana is noticeable. good cane mod can also get +5 energy for -20 health, so you can get more than 15 mana with cane/offhand without losing regen.

    I find the 40% chance of skill recharge is quite huge when it comes be being able to use spells like backfire more often as well.

    All in all, the real choice is one of preference, neither one shines above the competition.

    -Krystara

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •