PC Gaming News

Hybrid View

GWOnline.Net Member

Life degen: a bit of help

I was just making a new char, my first necro, and had an important question about life degeneration; if I use two different life degen spells on a foe, do those two seperate degen effects stack? For example, I use life siphon on them for 3 degen and parasitic bond for 1 degen, does the total=4 degen or does just the strongest take effect? Also, what is the maximum degen on for, 10? Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by VVild; 27-06-2005 at 09:34.

They stack.

I generally toss Faintheartedness, Parasitic Bond, and Life Siphon on a single target to get them to 5 degen, but when I have a large group to contend with I only cast one or the other with Parasitic Bond for 3 degen. Still tends to get my regen up though :)

You can see the rate of degen change when you cast another one on them. For another 1 bar it's subtle, but for more than that you can really tell it's changed.

Note that regen also stacks, and that they're directly in opposition to one another. If you have Troll Unguent for +5 regen and have Life Siphoned someone for +3 regen, then are afflicted with Conjure Phantasm for -5 degen and Faintheartedness for -2 degen, you'll end up with 1 point of regeneration.

The maximum in either direction is 10. Any further pips of regen or degen will just offset moves in the opposite direction.
    -FR

GWOnline.Net Member
    Ok very much thanks to both of you, I was hoping that was the case (never played a DoT char before :)).

GWOnline.Net Member
    I love my Well of Suffering. Especially when I group with people who know how to use it properly. It always makes me smile when I pop out that big green glowy circle and see people drawing their targets into it. :D

GWOnline.Net Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadisLecrou
    I love my Well of Suffering. Especially when I group with people who know how to use it properly. It always makes me smile when I pop out that big green glowy circle and see people drawing their targets into it. :D
    That does make for good AoE; the problem I am seeing with my degen build is getting enough damage on a group, this and unholy feast will defenitely help quite a bit for pve.