PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    GWOnline.Net Member

IS there a way to start an unrated Guild Match?

And if so then someone could please provide me with some details?

Thank You

Hmmm.... Go to guild hall... check
    Get 8 players.... check...
    Have an officer / leader of guild in your party... check..
    Click the button that says "guild battles", where "enter mission" would be...check..
    Click "unrated guild battle"...check..
    Type name of enemy guild... check...
    Own enemy guild so bad that they wish they didnt come from their frying pan to your oven.... pending results..

the quick answer that you don't want to hear is "no".

the lengthy answer is to check my thread in the PvP section about unranked gvg. Basically you have to advertise for interest, or just post your details on that thread.

MkillerH.

Thats the point- you have to MEET a guild willing to do an unranked GvG with you first- and that is NOT something that is automatic or easy to do in the slightest. I personally would not mind if all the guild leaders and officers names were included on the leaderboard, at least that way, guilds can challenge anyone in the top 1,000 easily enough.

The problem is that we need to communicate with "enemy" guilds BEFORE issuing the challenge, its not something that is very easy to do at the moment if you don't use forums or want to leave the game to be able to do it...

edit- theres a button for "automatic ranked match" why the heck isn't there one for "automatic unranked match" it would make the game a lot more fun.

Heh, my post was just for fun, but all that i typed implies if you find a guild.

And if you notice the title, hes asking how to start a match :)
    Last edited by Mkillerh; 27-06-2005 at 17:53.

Quote Originally Posted by James Satan
    edit- theres a button for "automatic ranked match" why the heck isn't there one for "automatic unranked match" it would make the game a lot more fun.
    Thats a question I would like to know the answer to aswell. :happy34:

GWOnline.Net Member
    What I would like to know is why can't we do an unranked guild battle to ourselves? May sound stupid but I would love to actually have a practice to fully test out some of the things that regular PVP games can't.

MkillerH.
    Great question...I'd like to see Anet answer. (lol yeah right, like that will happen)

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Bear
    What I would like to know is why can't we do an unranked guild battle to ourselves? May sound stupid but I would love to actually have a practice to fully test out some of the things that regular PVP games can't.
    If you have enough players (and money), someone can get an extra account and create a second guild. Then, you move some players to the other guild and GvG each other for practice.

GWOnline.Net Member
    theres a button for "automatic ranked match" why the heck isn't there one for "automatic unranked match" it would make the game a lot more fun.
    I was wondering that as well this would be so much better to introduce new guild members to guild battles. It would also be great for new guilds to get their feet wet with GvG.

Edit:
    Cleaned quote a bit up.
    Last edited by Blieps; 28-06-2005 at 13:39.