PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

(Merged) Defeating your double to ascend

Hi all,

I just ascended on my FIRST try with my Monk primary. I wanted to let all of you know how I did this (pretty simple actually):

Equip only 2 skills:

1. Zealot's Fire
    2. Divine Boon

Turn on Zealot's fire, run in close, and spam Divine Boon. Divine Boon is a 1/4 second cast time spell, so you can cast it really fast, depleting his health faster than he can attack you with normal weapons.

I decided to look at all my skills for ones that the mirror wouldn't know how to use properly (or use conventionally) but that could do a lot of damage. I decided Zealot's Fire was a good skill, but I needed another spell to combine with it that had the shortest casting time possible... Divine boon it is. I almost think using Divine Boon in this way might be considered an exploit, but one thing I've learned about this game is that you have to think unconventionally to win. One man's exploit is another man's winning strategy.

Hope this helps someone ascend.

Kewl :-D I'll need to give it a try (already beaten him, but so what)

I beat it with only one skill. Divine boon. A heal he can't use :-D. Forgot about the fire tho. Thx for the tip.

Long way. But it works.

Retribution, Balthazaurs Spirit, Reversal of Fortune. Healing Breeze.

Cast spirit, and retribution, Then enter and cast breeze, then basically start spamming reversal. Sure the mirror will use it too, but since you'll probably only melee for like 3 dmg. It takes about a minute, but with patience you can kill him.

Best of all-- these skills should already be in your inventory due to quests.

Killing it is good.. doing it with bonus is better! Don't think that your way works in less than 50 secs?

http://forums.gwonline.net/showthread.php?t=354210

Try in conjunction with life attunement, unless they made the doppleganger 'smarter' now. If not, the double will cast it on itself, rendering its physical damage quite low. Just be sure not to equip heal spells like orison.

Peros
    heh, that's a cool strategy. All I used was divine boon, and symbol of wrath. Looking at your strategy, it looks like zealot's fire is the better pick of the two. :happy34:

Quote Originally Posted by ~Kazama Fury~
    Try in conjunction with life attunement, unless they made the doppleganger 'smarter' now. If not, the double will cast it on itself, rendering its physical damage quite low. Just be sure not to equip heal spells like orison.
    I'm not sure what Life Attunement would give you. There are no healing spells in this mix (other than Divine Boon, which I don't think qualifies). The whole point of this build is to leave the healing spells off so that your doppleganger can't use them to heal himself, while using the Zealot's fire to damage him.

Life Attunement decreases your damage. If the Mirror uses the skill his attack will be lower and with no Healing Spells it gets no advantage to the Spell.

I was a monk Necro when i went into it.. and after 7 rounds i completly realized... something.... I set up all my Sacrifice skills up and bane and banish and smite cast the smiting on him as he sacrificed all his health then walked up and smacked him once with my sword and he died =)

Quote Originally Posted by lyoungblood
    I'm not sure what Life Attunement would give you. There are no healing spells in this mix (other than Divine Boon, which I don't think qualifies). The whole point of this build is to leave the healing spells off so that your doppleganger can't use them to heal himself, while using the Zealot's fire to damage him.
    It's like you read my post and formulated a question that my post has the answer for. O_o

Funky Monkey summed it up quite well.

Yes, if you are secondary Necro, definitely equip sacrifice spells such as
    - Blood of the master: No minions
    - Defile Flesh: You won't be healing
    - Enfeebling blood: Suffer from weakness? Big deal.
    - Price of Failure: Not a sac spell, but nice to have.
    Just wanted to elaborate which ones in specific for anyone else who would be curious.