PC Gaming News
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by richo
    `healing breeze + holy wrath + retribution
    dobly will kil himself with bow
    cast healing breeze when you enter fight with doble takes 20 seconds max
    This is the best way except you forget don't cast breeze and cast holy wrath and retribution before you step on the last stone then you target and start wanding it to death.I would say Monks are probably the 3rd easiestfrom Warrior to Ranger.

my mo/me just used arcane echo, backfire, and a few useless spells that wouldn't really help the dopple. you just use arcane echo then backfire and if you time it right it's on him pretty much constantly. he kills himself!

I did this last night with 3 skills:

Healing Breeze (because your double doesn't use it unlees he has degen on him)
    Smite
    Banish
    toss all points in Smiting and Healing, and then just spam both Smiting skills until he's dead, I got him in 35 secs or so, without losing hardly any life thanks to HB :)

I was skeptical doing it with a monk, since my warrior clean him in like 6 secs, but i was impressed with the power of the smiter!

to get bonus, i used smithing with scourge healing ( i think thats the name ) and some self heal skills. if he gets enough damage, he tries to heal himself, he get damage, tries to heal himself again,again damage etc.. dead in about 20 seconds.

I'm looking for a little constructive ideas here........

First off, this character will be my 5th character to ascend and my second monk. However this monk is a little low in level.

She is a m/w and is now level 8. My skills are a little limited and so are my attribute points. My armor level isl 51. Has anyone ascended a monk at this low of a level? I did my ranger at level 5 and had no problems.

Aside from working some more missions to raise my level, any constructive ideas are welcome.

Ascended at level 12 this afternoon and finished it under 50 seconds.

Here is the build:
    Breeze
    Banish
    Bane Sig
    Smite
    Holy Wrath
    Retribution
    Blessed Sig
    Blessed Aura

Put up Holy Wrath and Retribution as soon as you spawn, then just before I went across the third tile I put up breeze and hit blessed sig for energy boost.

The Doppelganger will cast blessed aura first which waste just a few seconds for me to hit him with Banish, Bane and Smite. Use Blessed sig and hit breeze again and start wanding him. Not much damage as I used Kepkhet's Refuge to boost energy, but it did enough. Just about as I'm and he is dead Bane sig is ready for the final blow.

Jumped from level 12 to 17 in one shot.

Yeap easy peasy. This is what I used:

1) SoW
    2) Smite
    3) Banish
    4) Retribution
    5) Order of the Vampire (hehe big hefty life sac)

The first 4 is enough though, got him in under 20 secs

1 Holy Wrath
    2 Retribution
    3 Healing Breeze

Self-explaining..

Holy wrath, retribution before you enter, equip heal are and if u have it its copy and take scourge healing , he will hit u and take dmg then he tries to heal and takes dmg xD

Wow, Zipster, WHY would you ascend at such a low level? Ascending moves you for free from 15-20. It's much easier to grind out 8-15 and then ascend.

That said, if you're a Mesmer, Empathy, Healing Breeze and Mending (if necessary) combo up very nicely. You might have difficulty spreading the points out. I have no idea how to do it if you're not a mesmer at such a low level.