PC Gaming News
    Korialstraz

Exclamation Axe haft guidance.

I'm currently trying to make a good custom axe, and I cannot decide which would be best. My previous custom axe is a 6 - 26 damage chaos axe, with a Sundering axe haft (8% chance), and a grip of warding +6, and is fairly decent I think. The current one I'm building is a 6 - 28 chaos axe, and I'm having trouble picking upgrade items. The grip is pretty much a no brainer for me, it's a grip of defense +4, but the haft I'm having trouble deciding on. The two hafts I have in mind are an Ebon haft and a Vampiric haft. (5 life steal per hit, if it's a set value of 5 and not just between 1 - 5, but even if it was variable it's still pretty nice.) Now the Ebon haft is good for warriors I hear, but not against casters, so I guess I would switch to my previous axe to deal with casters. But the idea of a healt giving axe is pretty appealing, even if it does have -1 regeneration. Which would be better for a Warrior/Mesmer?

let me tell you, +5 Life Steal is extremely rare.

I have only seen +3 so far, and thought it is MAX... but +5 ... combined with Cyclone Axe, it surely rocks!!!

5/1 doesnt exist for axe.

+3 vampiric is the best you can get for an axe (and sword). +5 vampiric are for bows and hammers only.

My weapons are either a zealous of defense, or a sundering of defense.

[color=yellow]~Rah[/color]
    [color=white]---------------------------[/color]
    [color=red]-=\[color=orange]Death Is Only The Beginning[/color]/=-[/color]

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfRah
    +3 vampiric is the best you can get for an axe (and sword). +5 vampiric are for bows and hammers only.

My weapons are either a zealous of defense, or a sundering of defense.
    does "of defence" work out better in the long run compared to "of fortitude"?

and is it definitely a max of +3 life for vamperic axes?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Mustard
    does "of defence" work out better in the long run compared to "of fortitude"?

and is it definitely a max of +3 life for vamperic axes?
    Its pretty much the same -> 5AL or 30 life, no real difference.

There is a strategic importance of the 5AL tho, which overshadows the life ;)

edit//
    yes for vampiric axes

[color=yellow]~Rah[/color]
    [color=white]---------------------------[/color]
    [color=red]-=\[color=orange]Death Is Only The Beginning[/color]/=-[/color]

Korialstraz
    Ah thanks for the replies, guys, looks like I was mislead by the info on this site, which said Axes had a possible +5 vampiric bonus, oh well. Hmm, perhaps I'll try the vampiric out, and if it doesn't seem to be good, I'll just buy another Chaos axe and try the Ebon haft.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfRah
    Its pretty much the same -> 5AL or 30 life, no real difference.

There is a strategic importance of the 5AL tho, which overshadows the life ;)

edit//
    yes for vampiric axes
    What about +4 armour compared to 20 Life (and also vs 25 life) cas im not rich with items and i wont have a +30 life for a while.

Can u get a +5 armour vs all on a Axe? if so how would that compare to 20 life and 25 life?

cheers