PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

The Becaons perch run to draknors

Everyone knows this, and why do the devs let people do this?

They are rapidly nerfing all spots ive ever known for farming, and they say you can achieve these through normal gameplay..sure..

They take out farming, but letting people pay 7k - Free, (Which is nothing for most people that ive seen have 1 fricken million coins) to skip the WHOLE section of the White mantle, and get to the BEST "stat wise" armour in the game, at low levels such as 8-9-10-11-12 and so on..and you let them do this, You dont seem to care..they no longer have the challange of the game, gameplay takes no skill what to ever, even monks can tank tons of monsters..

Just take a portal out or somthing, but letting this stand and taking out farming, I see NO sense in this..

I agree, they shouldnt let people run from beacons to droknars, or maybe they cuold put some kind of level 20 requirement on droknars armor. In the beta game, armor had level requirement.

Yeah its pretty lame, especcialy to see all these people in the ascalon arena with droknars armor.
    I vouch for putting the level requirement back on armor.
    Although having a level 8 elementalist at amnoon with the 60 al collectors armor there was quite nice.

I'm not sure about this, I mean, PvP has become so easy to do now that factions are implemented and there's no need for a PvP'er to ever make a PvE character.

The PvE game is becoming continually more difficult of late. Rune traders made the game a lot easier for PvE, but also removed one of the easier and more achievable challenges. After that, as all the "farming" locations have been altered (and, as a byproduct, casual treasure gathering as you move from quest to quest has also diminished significantly), it is almost impossible for a PvE character to have equipment of the same calibre as a PvP character. Running to Droknars (although I have not done this with a PvE character yet!) is not nearly as gamebreaking as some of the things happening in PvP right now.

I would suggest that in the long term, ANet will do one of two things: Prevent PvE characters from competing in PvP games completely, or, allow PvP characters to enter the PvE environment. It certainly seems the direction the game is headed. I come to this conclusion because, although ANet is adding more quests, they are not adding any incentive for players to play in PvE beyond level 20. Get better equipment? No, drops have been neutered, only PvP characters may get the best unlocks now (from the feeling of it, anyway, from the last few nights of playing I've done). Get more money? There's nothing to spend it on that you can't get for free for a PvP character. Get more skills? The design of the skill system is non-heirarchial, ie, every skill is more or less on par with every other skill - there is no skill that, at face value, is better in all respects than any other skill. So, once you have a set of skills you like, there's no benefit in gaining other skills.

The sad fact is, PvE style gaming is all about growing your character, not your skills. Since there's nowhere to go after L20 in PvE, unless ANet changes this, the PvE population will dwindle at almost the same rate the boxes went off shelves.

So can the PvP population sustain enough sales for this game to remain profitable?

Quote Originally Posted by Guybrush
    I would suggest that in the long term, ANet will do one of two things: Prevent PvE characters from competing in PvP games completely, or, allow PvP characters to enter the PvE environment.
    This is by far the worst thing that could happen in this game. One of the things I like about my PvE toons is that it is more of a challange to get myself to the level of a instant PvP toon. I keep 1 slot for PvP to test out new builds and thats it.

If you don't let PvE toon in arena's then that would make what alot of people like me do pointless. If you allow PvP toons to instantly be allowed to be hella strong and enter PvE without doing any of the quests or storyline you are going to be ruining it for alot of people as well. Not to mention the fact that it would make the game incredibly stupid. I mean wtf is the point in the PvP toons anyways? Isn't the point of a game to be able to play so you can actually accomplish something? Where is the fun in having no challenge and no motivation?

Just my 2'cents.

Y'know, I posted a thread saying a good way to counteract this was to reimplement the level restrictions on armor that they used to have in the betas ... and got promptly jumped on by, like, everyone. I don't think one person responded to agree that running was bad, which made me think I was the only one.

Guess I'm not, that's cool. And Hurin even had the same idea, that's cool, too.

Quote Originally Posted by SinFiery
    Everyone knows this, and why do the devs let people do this?

They are rapidly nerfing all spots ive ever known for farming, and they say you can achieve these through normal gameplay..sure..

They take out farming, but letting people pay 7k - Free, (Which is nothing for most people that ive seen have 1 fricken million coins) to skip the WHOLE section of the White mantle, and get to the BEST "stat wise" armour in the game, at low levels such as 8-9-10-11-12 and so on..and you let them do this, You dont seem to care..they no longer have the challange of the game, gameplay takes no skill what to ever, even monks can tank tons of monsters..

Just take a portal out or somthing, but letting this stand and taking out farming, I see NO sense in this..
    Sighs...you clearly have no idea about the issue, do you?

People who rush often want payments such as 5k and up, which means that only people who ALREADY PLAYED THE PVE CONTENT FOR A LONG TIME CAN WASTE RISKING 5K+ GOLD, and people who are rushed pay them because of a few purpouses :

1. end game armor. a set of them costs over 10k gold, and some is prob around 20k or more if you count the materials needed for some of them. the only people who can afford this are people who ALREADY PLAYED THE PVE CONTENT FOR A LONG TIME
    2. elite skills. the only reason you want elite skills IS TO PVP, which means that they ALREADY PLAYED THE PVE CONTENT FOR A LONG TIME and just WANT TO UNLOCK SKILLS

if you still don't understand read the capped words that i repeated about 3x....

i already have 3 lv 20 PvE chars that beat the game, and i still need to unlock a HUGE amount of elite skills and normal skills...give me one reason why i should play the game normal style again and again doing the same thing again and again....oh...what....you can't...?

My elementalist, first character, had enough to buy Draknor's armour without having taken anything from anyone. He earned and salvaged it all, even gave away 5k gold to people. If people play smart, it doesn't necessarily have to be a second or more character to make the run.

Quote Originally Posted by Ithildin
    My elementalist, first character, had enough to buy Draknor's armour without having taken anything from anyone. He earned and salvaged it all, even gave away 5k gold to people. If people play smart, it doesn't necessarily have to be a second or more character to make the run.
    If you ask around, most people will not have enough by lv ~10 on their first character to obtain the 10-20k + 5k-10k needed for one run. I don't know how exactly lv 10s can make enough money to give away 5k gold when my chars farming flesh golems, mango hydras, ettins, and chests in areas with lv 15+ monsters don't have that privellege to, but then maybe lv 15-24 monsters drop worse stuff than ascalon/yak's bend monsters which are lv ...4-10?
    Last edited by stilted; 01-07-2005 at 04:52.

Today I saw a lvl 4 in Droknars. And then they go on about how they are going to go whoop everyone in the Ascalon Arena now that they have top armor. I would like to see level restrictions on getting this far...