PC Gaming News

Mark of Pain + Kindle Arrow + Dual Shot....doesn't work!?

soo I just recently found out about this combo and I decided to try it..
    and the my damage on the enemy's life bar doesn't seem to differ from Kindle Arrow + Dual Shot...

uh..can sum1 like explain what I did wrong?

Social Deviant
    Mark of Pain - Hex Spell
    For 30 seconds, whenever target foe takes physical damage, Mark of Pain deals 10-34 shadow damage to adjacent enemies.
    Only adjacent enemies, doesn't affect the hexed enemy.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    so like..
    let's pretend there's 2 drake in front of my ranger
    I cast mark of pain on drake A
    then i go Kindle Dual Shot on Drake B and the effect will show up??

Quote Originally Posted by andrewf
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    so like..
    let's pretend there's 2 drake in front of my ranger
    I cast mark of pain on drake A
    then i go Kindle Dual Shot on Drake B and the effect will show up??
    No it doesn't work like that.

if u cast mark of pain on drake A, u have to attack drake A in order to allow mark of pain to damage drake B. if u attack drake B with ur standard attacks, drake A will not take any damage as mark only damage foes adj to the target foe that it is cast upon.

I hope it not too confusing, try reading up on the skills description.

I was wondering if anyones tried a mass mark of pain + barrage kind of thing. If you can get enemies to clump enough for barrage, I can see this doing some pretty nice damage.

You'd need a couple of well organized necros to pull that off, and getting them to agree to that sort of thing is usually not worth the effort in a pickup group.

Quote Originally Posted by Colretsun Andolin
    I was wondering if anyones tried a mass mark of pain + barrage kind of thing. If you can get enemies to clump enough for barrage, I can see this doing some pretty nice damage.
    It would be good damage, but the thing is barrage removes all preps: if you used mark of pain on one guy in a middle of group, and then ignite arrows and dual shot, you would not only deal damage to them all from the explosion, but mark of pain would also deal a lot, defenitely much more than barrage. I would think mark of pain, frenzy, dual shot, and ignite arrows would be a devastating combo if you were not taking damage. I almost always use frenzy on my ranger since I am not often the one taking damage, and if I do it's stormchaser away out of aggro and then back to pulling off shots like mad.

Quote Originally Posted by VVild
    It would be good damage, but the thing is barrage removes all preps: if you used mark of pain on one guy in a middle of group, and then ignite arrows and dual shot, you would not only deal damage to them all from the explosion, but mark of pain would also deal a lot, defenitely much more than barrage. I would think mark of pain, frenzy, dual shot, and ignite arrows would be a devastating combo if you were not taking damage. I almost always use frenzy on my ranger since I am not often the one taking damage, and if I do it's stormchaser away out of aggro and then back to pulling off shots like mad.
    I don't think that would work. Ignite arrow AoE damage is elemental damage, so not covered by mark of pain.

As long as some part of the damage is physical, and hits the hexed target, you're fine. Ignite Arrows while shooting the hexed foe with a non-elemental bow string would be a great way to rapidly drop the health of nearby foes.

Quote Originally Posted by Feynt
    As long as some part of the damage is physical, and hits the hexed target, you're fine. Ignite Arrows while shooting the hexed foe with a non-elemental bow string would be a great way to rapidly drop the health of nearby foes.
    stacking mark of pain with spiteful spirit on 1 foe then shooting him is wonderful fun..

the mark of pain damages those around it as you hit it, and if the thing tries to use any skills (sucg as being a healer) then boom.. even more AoE damage :D

those 2 are a nec/rangers best friends imho