PC Gaming News
    jvdais

bugged rare material trader

in my first outing to UW i find a glob of ecto and i want to sell it to the rare material trader since i don't have much use for it. The rare material trader will buy them for only 100 gold but sells them for 7.5k. My guildmate triedto sell ecto and got the same 100gold offer. somethings wrong with these algorithems, did Anet nerf traders buying prices, or did my guildmate and i just experience a glitch?

I have no idea, but I've experienced that with steel and other materials before.

My advice, sell your rare materials to players. You can sell globs for 6 platinum, easy. I've seen people sell them for more. So when you're finished in the UW, just goto a populated district and start broadcasting, you're bound to find a serious buyer.

That being said, I've also noticed that many material traders don't pay well for rare materials.

jvdais
    i figured out the problem, the traders must have a maximum amount of gold per day that they can put into the game economy and when that maximum is reached they then offer the minimum, 100 gold for that item. I sold it to a trader in the early morning the next day and got 7.5k for the glob of ecto. Therefore if you want to sell it to the trader, the morning or whenever the traders are reset, when they can offer reasonable rates, is when you should sell to them. because of this, if it isn't a bug or a one time fluke experienced last night, a savey person could manipulate the price of ecto by selling when the traders are reset to make money from the fact that no one sold ecto to them giving them, the traders, a smaller supply.

Either i'm seeing a way to manipulate the game economy or just a one time bug which sent me on a wild goose chase, but the traders should offer a reasonable trading rate at all times so a person can't make an extra 7.4k by selling 8 hours later.

Quote Originally Posted by jvdais
    in my first outing to UW i find a glob of ecto and i want to sell it to the rare material trader since i don't have much use for it. The rare material trader will buy them for only 100 gold but sells them for 7.5k. My guildmate triedto sell ecto and got the same 100gold offer. somethings wrong with these algorithems, did Anet nerf traders buying prices, or did my guildmate and i just experience a glitch?
    Sounds like a Glitch.For me he Sells them for 8.5k.and he Buys them off you for like 7k. :surprise:

Talking

not bugged .. the merchant is just nuts.. like all of us guys out there playing GW 24/7 we want to buy **** for a low price and sell it against a (very) high price.. look if you buy a gold fellblade in ascalon city (old ascalon) you would probably pay like 5k for it or less..

And if you'd go to Lions Arch .. The guy who sells it would get like 100k if it has good stats.. All rich people or people that buy their GW gp's @ eBay are there.. i think people that buy GW gp's @ eBay suck.. Thats just my opinion..

Grtz,Mike :surprise:

The guy at Lion's Arch may be spamming his message to sell it for that much, but that doesn't mean anyone actually bought it...

The Rare Material Merchent being bugged? IDK but i did try to sell ecto to him.... for 100 gold is nuts but sell them to ya for 11k. At Ascalon, Lions, or Forage i got the same thing Sells for 10-12k but buys from ya for 100 gold LOL. For them having a Flat line of money for the day thats possible. Morrwind was like that. Where the merchant had X amount of money for the day and thats it... you could run him dry.
    Even if the merchents reset and have money again it sucks to other people who aren't on at that time to get the money. 35+Steel Ingots at merchent sells for 1plat+ VS Rare merchent 1 per 50 gold i think. Selling them one by one its more money but a pain.
    I will say this thou its nice to have a merchent for alot of things. For the most part it kills the trader market:(...... Its good but then there should be more things like the ecto and shards to trade more then Buy/sell at merchent.