PC Gaming News

Thread: Confused

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entry1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii], Do Not Revive Asura [Ever], When Zergs Collide [CERN]

Confused

Okay here come some dumb questions (dont hate me).

I finished the three missions for ascension and killed my mirror.

Am I now ascended?

Im confused on this because I hear a lot of talk about a Rift.

Are there two more quests I must complete in the same area as the mirror?

How do I open up a lot of my world map that is still fogged over?

I have tried every route and am blocked off by mountains and whatnot.

How do you get to the higher cities after the whole ascension thing?

Thank you very much for your patience.

~CMEPTb

1. Yes, I believe you are considered "ascended" after you have killed the doppleganger. So you should be at the mission called "The Dragon's Lair" now.

2. There are no other quests im aware of in the same area as the mirror.

4. By beating "The Dragon's Lair" mission.

As for 3... see the below post!

Edit: Got the numbering wrong the first time :)
    Last edited by Relativity; 07-07-2005 at 06:54.

Quote Originally Posted by CMEPTb

I finished the three missions for ascension and killed my mirror.
    Am I now ascended?
    Im confused on this because I hear a lot of talk about a Rift.
    Yes, however their is still a lot to do in the game. The Rift is the sort of heaven/hell area of Tyria. The Tomb of Primeval Kings you can get to from Dragons Lair is a tournament taking place in that area. You start in the underworld, and progress to the Hall of Heroes. Anyway, the game does not end their, continue on the storyline to finish the Flameseaker Prophecies!
    Are there two more quests I must complete in the same area as the mirror?
    The only reason you go to the Mesa at Augury Rock from the high priest is to battle the Doppleganger. However the outpost of Augury Rock has a plethora of quests, along with the outposts surrounding the area.
    How do I open up a lot of my world map that is still fogged over?
    Much of the world map is not actually explorable. Check around online for a completed map (I'm sure theirs plenty around) and compare it to what you have.
    How do you get to the higher cities after the whole ascension thing?
    The next and final town after ascention is Droknar's Forge, where you craft the best armor in the game (other than the 15k armors which are only for looks). You can reach it simply by completing the Dragon's lair mission you go to after defeating your mirrior.
    Thank you very much for your patience.
    Anytime :happy34:

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entry1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii], Do Not Revive Asura [Ever], When Zergs Collide [CERN]
    Thank you very much for your help!

I am in happy gaming bliss yet again. :happy65:

Hey I have a question, unless I did something wrong. I got a run to droknar's forge that's why. I completed the Dragon's Lair Mission, but at the end I just got my 1000 EXP and skill point, nothing ELSE. I tried talking to the dragon but nothing happened. So I just mapped out.

What !?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyDude
    Hey I have a question, unless I did something wrong. I got a run to droknar's forge that's why. I completed the Dragon's Lair Mission, but at the end I just got my 1000 EXP and skill point, nothing ELSE. I tried talking to the dragon but nothing happened. So I just mapped out.

What !?!?!?
    You have to grab an egg.

And then to defeat the dragon! (that's the bonus)

Good luck (though I must say we did it first try in a group of 6 characters)

Hi all,

I have another question concerning ascension:
    I killed my doubleganger (in about 20 secs), i killed all the dragons. After that I'm sure I've had energy raised from 46 to 68. But next day energy was back on 46. Is this normal ?

What exactly happens on ascension ?

:confused:

Quote Originally Posted by Liessa
    Hi all,

I have another question concerning ascension:
    I killed my doubleganger (in about 20 secs), i killed all the dragons. After that I'm sure I've had energy raised from 46 to 68. But next day energy was back on 46. Is this normal ?

What exactly happens on ascension ?

Ascention is meerly the aquiring of 50k XP after the crystal desert missions. No major character buffs happen, however you have the access to the next part of the game. The energy might have been from morale (+10% wont raise it by 20 though) and some other affects. Check the items you have equiped agian, maybe you switched on accident.

I wish it was caused by items. But actually it seems not: when I logged on today, I started with surprising 68 points again. No morale boost, not even one beast killed. That lasted till I was killed. I moved to the next city but energy stayed at 46. Probably a bug then ?