PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Party for the Tombs.

Spent the entire day looking for a party for the tombs. No luck. All that time just wasted standing around at the Tombs, I'm very annoyed at that. I tried international servers, but everyone there looks for at least rank 3. Nevermind ranks I still need to get fame. Very irritating, how people say "looking for rank 3+ only". So really, how does a PvE player start PvPing in the Tombs? I'm in a guild but times when I go to the tomb others are doing missions so really theres a bit of a clash, etc. So really all I can do now play through the story another couple of times and get everything unlocked. PvP has basically shut its door on me.

Use your guild for connections. Lie about rank, say rank 2 with 147 fame. But it will suck when it lights on the screen "Fozzie has just hit Rank 1"

But usually if you hang with a guildie, high rank who knows your skill, your set. Other than that, Team Arenas are cool.

become friends with a monk

rangers / warriors - flooded market and low usage
    monks - always in demand
    necros - low usage
    mesmers - people see the advantage of them now, fair usage
    air ele - always in demand
    any other ele - fair usage

access to a monk gives you a high chance of getting into a group

also yes lieing about rank is useful :)

If you need a good group then follow these steps.

1= Make a PvP charecter with good skills

2= Practice with random groups until you know what you are doing

3= Get TS and VENT ( take it from me, any team w/o TS or VENT never makes it past bruial mounds, EVER!!!!! )

4= Make a class that fits into a popular build ( for example, a spiker, or a healer, or a prot monk, or a spirit ranger, or a knockdown warrior, etc. )

5= (this is optional) Try to have a mic. Groups tend to like it when they can get someone other then themselves to call targets and countdowns. :lol:

6= Advertise urself wisely. If you go around saying "LFG" or "invite me" no good group will take you b/c they have no idea wtf you are. A good advertisement would be something like "SPIKER with TS + VENT LFG" or even better, "Rank 2 SPIKER with TS + VENT and a mic LF an organised group using these programs, PM me!!!" Make sure to advertise everything your good at/have and saying that you are rank 2 can be a good bluff as they have no way to knock if you are acually that rank. ;)

7= Have patience. I can usually get a good group ( by good i mean one that knows what they r doing and only loses b/c they were up against a crazy guild, AKA sissy boys/noz, or b/c they were unlucky) within 10 minutes. I usually end up being able to get to HoH but i have never won it. I came close to it once... but some ****** **** ** ************* Koreans spammed spirits at the alter and prevented our hero from capturing it ( he couldn't get to the middle of the alter...) during the last 10 seconds of the game.

grrrrr

Man i hate spirit exploits....

Quote Originally Posted by A C E
    I came close to it once... but some ****** **** ** ************* Koreans spammed spirits at the alter and prevented our hero from capturing it ( he couldn't get to the middle of the alter...) during the last 10 seconds of the game.

grrrrr

Man i hate spirit exploits....

Off-topic, but...

If you were actually expecting to grab the altar in the last 10 seconds of a match, you might as well accept defeat already.

There's no need to even go to all the trouble to spam spirits on it - one ranger with Distracting Shot will prevent a hero from capturing. Just like that.

groups without TS or Vent can make it moderatly far in the game, ignore that statement from A C E :) and yes I speak from experience here (non guild non vent non ts just pure pickup tombs group)

I never have a problem getting a group,getting one that don't suck is another story.

First off, i was exagerating when i said 10 seconds, we had around 15 seconds left and if the spiirts weren't there then we would have had a 100% chance of winning since everyone but three people were dead and they were being hassled by our mesmers, not to mention half way across the map( we chased em there).

Second off, if you dont have ts or vent and your in a pick me up then yes, you will do bad. You will be lucky if you make it past underworld. If you are a guild group or smtin then u might stand a chance but a pickme up group w/o and way of fast communication is DOOMED...

EDIT: Define far??? If you mean by skipping alot of levels then that doesnt count. Tell me, how many matches did ur "awsome" non-ts/vent group win and what were they? I doubt they won more then 2 and that those 2 were any hard levels. If they did win then ooo boy they must have gotten lucky and not been fighting any really hard groups or taken on people when they were really weak.
    Last edited by A C E; 08-07-2005 at 06:48.

Quote Originally Posted by A C E
    First off, i was exagerating when i said 10 seconds, we had around 15 seconds left and if the spiirts weren't there then we would have had a 100% chance of winning since everyone but three people were dead and they were being hassled by our mesmers, not to mention half way across the map( we chased em there).
    Distracting Shot (availability)
    Description: If Distracting Shot hits, it interrupts target foe's action but deals only 1-13 damage. If the interrupted action was a skill, that skill is disabled for an additional 20 seconds.
    Energy Cost: 5
    Activation Time: 3/4ths of a Second.
    Recharge Time: 10 Seconds.
    Linked Attribute Expertise. Increases damage dealt.
    Skill Type: Bow Attack.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterNightfall
    Off-topic, but...

If you were actually expecting to grab the altar in the last 10 seconds of a match, you might as well accept defeat already.

There's no need to even go to all the trouble to spam spirits on it - one ranger with Distracting Shot will prevent a hero from capturing. Just like that.
    Well accepting of course that the other two teams don't forget you still exist with your hero alive. Red and blue were off fighting way away from the alter because they had killed off each others heros. So I just walked up out of nowhere and put our hero on the alter. The other two teams were so pissed to see that at 2 seconds left we captured the alter with me being the only guy alive on the team.

Really, a lot of getting into a group depends on if you want a good group or not.

A. Make a monk, learn to play your monk well. It will help you get used to pvping early on. And it will also allow you to get into a lot of crappy pick up groups. And may pick you up a few fame here and there. Generally, a crappy pick up group with a good monk will beat a crappy pick up group with a bad monk in the underworld.

B. Get ts/vent and learn to stretch the truth, lie, cheat, or in otherways make yourself seem better. Remember, you can't actually prove anything below rank three.

C. Guilds, find one, love it.

D. Monks, they are to become your friends.