PC Gaming News

A Smiting Mesmer?

I've been toying with this idea for quite a while now. Even started one up. But, so far, the basic layout would look something like such:

Attributs
    Fast Casting: 10
    Inspiration: 10
    Smiting Spells: 11
    Healing: All remaining points
    (Plus the added bonus of armors, runes and other such items.)

Skills
    -Energy Tap
    -Ether feast
    -Balthazars Aura
    -Balthazars Spirit
    -Symbole of Wrath
    -Shield of judgement
    -Heal Party
    -Reserection Signet

EDITED: Changed a bunch of spells around.

MM
    Last edited by Chyra DeathBlade; 08-07-2005 at 08:32.

Running a quick glance to it i found a few things i can comment on:

1. Are you planning on using this in 4v4 or PVE? If so, NEVER forgot to bring a ressurection signet.

2. Heal area will just null or at least wont help if your smiting are "nearby AOE" since Heal area is "nearby AOE healing"

3. You have no skills to use on yourself but heal area, zealots fire would be a poor choice.

4. You have no energy regain, mesmers have low energy pools, I suggest running inspiration or since youre in the smiting line, maybe balthazars spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleman Azure
    Running a quick glance to it i found a few things i can comment on:

1. Are you planning on using this in 4v4 or PVE? If so, NEVER forgot to bring a ressurection signet.

2. Heal area will just null or at least wont help if your smiting are "nearby AOE" since Heal area is "nearby AOE healing"

3. You have no skills to use on yourself but heal area, zealots fire would be a poor choice.

4. You have no energy regain, mesmers have low energy pools, I suggest running inspiration or since youre in the smiting line, maybe balthazars spirit.
    Mainly PvE... Kinda forgot about the signet.

I had a feeling Heal area would do bad... Thats something else i overlooked.
    As well, Zealots fire didnt seem all that at first, i even used it a few times, but, il look for better alternatives.

But, thanks a bunch. I have never really played a mesmer, so, its still a learning experience for me.

Il do sure to redo my skill list.

MM

Quote Originally Posted by Chyra DeathBlade
    I've been toying with this idea for quite a while now. Even started one up. But, so far, the basic layout would look something like such:

Attributs
    Fast Casting: 10
    Inspiration: 10
    Smiting Spells: 11
    Healing: All remaining points
    (Plus the added bonus of armors, runes and other such items.)

Skills
    -Energy Tap
    -Ether feast
    -Balthazars Aura
    -Balthazars Spirit
    -Symbole of Wrath
    -Shield of judgement
    -Heal Party
    -Reserection Signet

EDITED: Changed a bunch of spells around.

MM
    First of all, with this setup you're gonna fight multiple targets. So take out Energy tap for Balthazar's spirit. Replace Ether Feast with Orison of Healing and Heal party with Zealot's Fire. Throw in Chaos Storm if you like. The truth is, Mesmer is mainly mano o mano. If you're gonna farm, it's best to go with all monk's spells.