PC Gaming News

post-ascension question (about 2nd class)

I just ascended my first character (yeah, I've been playing a while, but I've been exploring and didn't do any runs) and I have question about changing the second class.

I have all the quests logged up and ready to go, but can you do them all and then decide what class to pick? and can I do 1, change, go get skills throughout the game come back and change again?

sorry for such a newbieish question, but I'm rather confused on the whole thing and I've been told a few different answers so I figured I'd head here and ask the experts.

Thanks in advance for your help.

GWOnline.Net Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Castor Mintak
    I have all the quests logged up and ready to go, but can you do them all and then decide what class to pick?
    When you do a quest and go to the ghost, he will ask you if you want to change. You can say yes or no.

Quote Originally Posted by Castor Mintak
    and can I do 1, change, go get skills throughout the game come back and change again?
    You can change as many times as you want.

GWOnline.Net Member
    It not that noob ? man I also been done all that but didnt get it at all, the wording used suggest you can have 2 or more secoundry but i didnt ever risk taking any.

GWOnline.Net Member
    If I change from monk to warrior (for example) and then change back, will I still have access to all of my monk skills that I originally had?

Just remember that if you change your secondary you will have to do the quest to unlock changing to your previous secondary -- just a heads up.

Once you have completed a profession quest you will be able to freely switch to and from that secondary profession. You keep all the secondary profession skills you get but if you change your secondary you lose access to them until you change back. Once you have completed all the profession quests you will be able to take on any secondary and freely change between them

"Aided by the spirits of the desert, you can learn any profession, master any skill"

Edit: wow fast replies :p oh and I never had to do the Monk Quest as I started out as a Monk secondary, maybe that was changed recently.

Short answer, yes. Once you complete a quest to get the 1000 xp, you gain the right to switch secondaries to that class. You don't automatically switch classes when you complete the quest. The quest simply opens up the option for you to switch to that secondary.

And yes, you can switch secondaries back and forth as many times as you want. You only have to do the quest once.

EDIT: If you change secondaries and then change back, you still retain all of the skills you previously had.

Thank you all so much....I figured this would be the place to find out for sure.

:)