PC Gaming News
    OMGIfThisNameIsTakenIm

Please help me !

Yo i need a good pve/pvp trapper build if sumone could tel lme the skills for a good trapper please inform me!
    Thanks and peace out

Oh and would liek to ask a question about oath shot been reading on the forums and people keep saying you need marksmenship... why? im reading hte ksill and it just says you need 7+ expertise for it to fail, so where does marksmenship come in? if someone can answer this thanks again peace out!
    Last edited by OMGIfThisNameIsTakenIm; 10-07-2005 at 05:47.

The game already provides the IVEX Trapper, which is fairly decent and covers all the bases. You might want to check it out in-game by looking at the PvP-only templates (you don't have to actually create that character, just use it as an example).

A trapper should carry 3-4 traps, 1-3 defensive avoidance skills, Troll Unguent, Res Signet. Lots of folks carry along something to decrease the Cooldown time, like Serpent's Quickness or Quickening Zephyr.
    Hahnsoo's Collectors Guide (ver 0.13) and Ranger Guide (ver 0.60), updated for Factions
    Old Guides (Prophecies only): Mesmer Guide, Skills Guide
    "Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed." -G. K. Chesterton

You don't need Marksmanship for Oath Shot.

As a supplement or replacement to the Ranger defensive skills, you might also try Glyph of Concentration (yes, it works with traps), Mantra of Concentration, or Mantra of Resolve for your combat trapping needs.

I also personally prefer Healing Spring over Troll Unguent for trappers. At high levels of Wilderness Survival, it's like an AOE unremovable Healing Breeze (with no cap) for all your teammates. Who could say no to that?