PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Pekos Bill

platemail vs. gladiator

gladiator armor seems better than platemail (100 total vs 95. in terms of physical) and warriors generally face physical damage. also, theres the energy factor, so why isnt gladiator preferred?

Glad= 80 vs all, 100 vs physical
    Plate= 85 vs all, 95 vs physical

Id rather have 85 over 80 vs all than 100 over 95 vs physical only.
    But if you need the energy boost, go for Glad's.

15k Glad looks like 1.5k glad. Therefore I use plate :)

Quote Originally Posted by Alarno Yang
    Glad= 80 vs all, 100 vs physical
    Plate= 85 vs all, 95 vs physical

But if you need the energy boost, go for Glad's.
    lol, u are somewhat misleading

something to add here:

all = phy. + elemental
    phy. = pierce, blunt, slash
    ele. = fire, lightning ... etc.

can be rephrased: Id rather have 100 over 95 vs all than 85 over 80 vs elemental only.

P.S. for the same reason as Fausite, i picked Plate lol :happy34:

Basicly Warrior get nuked his *** off all the time so i disagree about facing only Phisik dmg, so i takre glads in some cases for energy boost, but by arrmor plat or dragon is much better ... even air bombarders some times can be stopped (or atleast slow down) by it, also phisical isnt to good ...
    all = phy. + elemental
    Also ALL meens ALL = phisk(P,S,B),Elemental(Fire,ice,lighting,earth),Ho ly,Dark,Chaos.(mabe i forgetting something?)
    considerr this when you cast Judge insgit you get 20% arrmor pen and you deal HOLY dmg thats meen that elemental or phisikal resistents wont help ya...So only good fashion arrmor is your only line of defence...But i mix arrmor alot for two reasons...First is energy boost from glads and -2dmg from knights boots(i like looks) + i get gountless from dragon...well its for looks only, but if looks are matters Dragon is realy cool in my opinion(i like it doesnt meen you have to)...Also helmets that provide's atr boosts is usefull.....
    May the light be whith all of you!!!!! :)
    Last edited by Mighty Punisher; 13-07-2005 at 03:37.

Gladiator's armor gives you about 7-8 more energy than platemail. This gives you better mana management and makes you more dangerous in PvP and PvE due to your ability to use more powerful spells. People tell themselves platemail is better because it looks cool, but in reality Gladiator's is superior. Btw, if you are concerned about looks, go ahead and buy the Fissure Armor version of Gladiator's armor. (All warrior fissure armor looks insanely cool, and all the sets look the same)
    Last edited by GraulTehUber; 13-07-2005 at 03:37.

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Punisher
    Also ALL meens ALL = phisk(P,S,B),Elemental(Fire,ice,lighting,earth),Ho ly,Dark,Chaos.(mabe i forgetting something?)
    Uhm, just to clarify ALL doesnt include holy or chaos, maybe chaos but im almost 100% sure not Holy. Holy has a consistant amount of dmg and does not vary based on armor. (Balthazuars aura for example deals 22dmg per second. It will deal 22dmg to the guy wearing Glad AND the guy wearing Platemail.)

~Correct me if im wrong, but im pretty sure that is the case. Just a heads up

Pekos Bill
    Quote Originally Posted by GraulTehUber
    Gladiator's armor gives you about 7-8 more energy than platemail. This gives you better mana management and makes you more dangerous in PvP and PvE due to your ability to use more powerful spells. People tell themselves platemail is better because it looks cool, but in reality Gladiator's is superior. Btw, if you are concerned about looks, go ahead and buy the Fissure Armor version of Gladiator's armor. (All warrior fissure armor looks insanely cool, and all the sets look the same)

you say it like buying fissure armor is cake lol.

yeah, i figured it was mostly for looks. i use warriors endurance so i dont have too much of a problem with energy, but im sure that most others dont use that as their elite.

imo

In my opinion, weather or not the warrior is taking physical damage doesnt even matter I mean the guy is a beast physical damage isnt going to take you down I mean warriors deal the elast damage out of any class. It IS and WILL BE the elemental/dot damage that takes you down. its conditions/degen and massive ele dmg that dent the warriors. thats why I go with platemail so I dont get dented. :happy14:

Quote Originally Posted by Fozzie Bear
    Uhm, just to clarify ALL doesnt include holy or chaos, maybe chaos but im almost 100% sure not Holy. Holy has a consistant amount of dmg and does not vary based on armor. (Balthazuars aura for example deals 22dmg per second. It will deal 22dmg to the guy wearing Glad AND the guy wearing Platemail.)

~Correct me if im wrong, but im pretty sure that is the case. Just a heads up

It doesnt include chaos...IW hit fully...But holy doesnt as dark doesnt...otherwise judge insgh would be SUPER spell as if unblockeble dmg no way holy gotta be included...Because why should they included 20% pen if its unblockeble?Althou chaos shouldnt be bolcked because i weird almost full dragon and it hit's fully on me...Its actualy very confusing...
    May the light be whith all of you!!!!! :)
    Last edited by Mighty Punisher; 14-07-2005 at 03:38.