PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst Scam

Worst Scam

So whats the most stupid scam you have heard or someone has tried to pull on you .

Was in Ascalon player standing by the dye trader he is spamming

"WTA Gold Dye very rare drop 500g only"

I whispered the jerk telling im to stop trying to scam players.....had to put him on ignore list in the end from the abuse i got.
    Last edited by kazhad dune; 13-07-2005 at 16:29.

ebgames
    Quote Originally Posted by kazhad dune
    So whats the most stupid scam you have heard or someone has tried to pull on you .

Mine is this

In Ascalon player standing by the dye trader he is spamming

"WTA Gold Dye very rare drop 500g only"

I whispered the jerk telling im to stop trying to scam players.....had to put him on ignore list in the end from the abuse i got.
    There is no such thing as gold dye persay. I have tried mixing yellow and silver to get a silvery gold. it looks like mostly lighter silver with gold specales.

Quote Originally Posted by ebgames
    There is no such thing as gold dye persay. I have tried mixing yellow and silver to get a silvery gold. it looks like mostly lighter silver with gold specales.
    yeh i know thats why it was a scam....did you read the post

I saw someone trying to sell the gold dye recipe in Ascalon once, and I told everyone that the recipe is different based on what kind of armor you had, since leather/cloth/metal all react differently to the dyes. He got pissed and kept moving around districts, so I went through and spammed free recipes for gold dye for the various armors; ranger leathers, warrior plate armors/necromancer weird armors, and elementalist/mesmer/monk cloth armors. He got really pissed at me and said that HE was going to report ME to ANet. That one made me laugh. I sent in a screen shot of him swearing at me and I haven't seen him online since. Go Anet! Swing that ban stick!

what does WTA mean? :confused:

GWOnline.Net Member
    That's actually a good price for gold. He is lying that it is a rare drop, but 500g is still cheaper than mixing the silver and yellow yourself. This is only borderline a scam since he said it was a drop, but other than that, it is legit. Depending on the mixing order, you will get a different shade of gold, but he is still selling what he is advertising. Even if he was scamming, how is that worse than people charging 100k+ for ANY stupid "GODLY" or "PERFECT" item...

[QUOTE=kazhad dune]So whats the most stupid scam you have heard or someone has tried to pull on you .

Mine is this at Grendich Courthouse.

"Scammer" Selling Aleas Ashes for 1000 G
    Local comments like: Rofl, really 1000 g not 100?, way to much max you could ask is 250-300.
    "Scammer" Ashes 1000 G.
    Me and some ppl in local tryed to educate him.

Well lets say he was not that smart, in his opinion ppl good have more chars so they could afford the 1000 G.
    Sure we explained, but then they probally have also high LVL chars and the exp on these l8 charsc mean nothing to them.
    They rush them to Droknars (armor) or Sanctuum Cay (For Ascending).

Well he kept spaming local,

Btw I was waiting for someone to get back with some cash.
    I made the sale and left him to his pointless spamming.

I just keep wondering how many ppl would fall for such.

Grendich Temple is not that far and you can jump in get the ashes or fight your way quite easy from there :confused:
    Last edited by Mr Dead Wish; 13-07-2005 at 16:42.

GWOnline.Net Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IComeInPeace
    what does WTA mean? :confused:
    WTS means Want to Scam, it is all i know..

Quote Originally Posted by Omg Kthxbye
    That's actually a good price for gold. He is lying that it is a rare drop, but 500g is still cheaper than mixing the silver and yellow yourself.

But of course, he'll be mixing orange and yellow, not silver....

Interesting, considering the best gold mix i've come up with is orange and silver.

Ender