PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    GWOnline.Net Member

W/? for pvp noob need hints/tips

Hi all...need some tips for going pvp with my first warrior. Im hammer wielding warrior going for a decent amout of knockdown skills and thinking of going Ranger second for wildernes skills like troll urgent and def skills (traps suck?) I Prefer not going necro secondary cause so many others do it...but perhapes im totally wrong here and ranger sucks bigtime as secondary
    Gratefyll for all tips. Thinking about low level arenas and learning by doing if you know what i mean.

hammer mastery
    Strength
    (wildernes) if i go for ranger...

ranger sucks bigtime as secondary

GWOnline.Net Member
    go W/E. just for aftershock. it's worth it.

happy to help

ya w/e is a vary coomen combonation but a vary good one

GWOnline.Net Member
    Ummm IMHO the most iritating W is W/Mo with smiting. Balthazar's Aura is darn annoying when attached to a "charging" warrior because even if they don't hit you with their weapon you still take lots of damage from their aura.

You see W/E with a knockdown (usually Devastating Hammer, less often Backbreaker) and Aftershock a lot, because it works pretty well and doesn't require a whole lot of finesse to do high damage.

An axe W/R that relies mostly on Adrenal attacks (Executioner's Strike, Penetrating Blow, Dismember, Cleave, Eviscerate - basically every axe attack there is except for Cyclone Axe and Swift Chop) works ridiculously well with Tiger's Fury.

During the BWEs I saw W/Ns with Life Transfer every so often, and they were always damned hard to kill.

Most people deride W/Mo because most new players seem to use the Paladin template, but a W/Mo doesn't just have to be a self healer. You can use Judge's Insight to boost your damage and get past enemy armor more easily, or maintain Vital Blessing for a big HP boost. You could bring your own Remove Hex and Mend Ailment, or maybe Signet of Judgement as a ranged, 0 energy knockdown in case you need to catch someone who's trying to run a marathon.

W/Me is probably the least common combination, but there are plenty of things you can do with it, too. High Inspiration magic lets you use Ether Lord, which causes an enemy to lose energy regeneration while you gain the same amount. You could bring Mantra of (any element), if you're going to be facing a particular element. Maybe coordinate with a Ranger and have him bring Winter, and you can bring Mantra of Frost, and suddenly enemy Elementalists don't seem to be that much trouble anymore.

Any class combination is a viable one. You just have to come up with the skills and a way to play it.

Quote Originally Posted by TW III
    Oh, thank you so much for the intelligent and insightful post. I'm sure that the OP found that very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by w33t
    Any class combination is a viable one. You just have to come up with the skills and a way to play it.
    Agreed.

I'm keened to see some more advice on this. I currently play a W/Mo because it was the class I thought I'd learn to play the game best in. I'm interested in learning how to PvP.

If I'm in a good complimentary team, I can do okay with axe damage and as I'm a protection secondary, Vital blessing.

I've never tried as a hammer knockdown warrior. I have used swords and like them also.

Any more ideas of what I could try to learn to PvP?

Quote Originally Posted by Svenn
    Oh, thank you so much for the intelligent and insightful post. I'm sure that the OP found that very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Molotov
    but perhapes im totally wrong here and ranger sucks bigtime as secondary

Quote Originally Posted by TW III

There really are no real reasons to play W/R. At least I haven't found any yet (don't tell me about apply poison and troll urgent or defensive stances, I'll ignore you). If you know any please tell me.

i pvp with a W/me just for the knockdown and skill lockout skills. ITs fun to go after monks and knock them down then black them out then knock them down again once i can use skills.

Suicide