Curses-12 (10+2)

Distracting Shot
    Lightning Reflexes
    Barrage (ELITE)
    Penetrating Attack
    Antidote Signet
    Mark of Pain
    Parasitic Bond

This is an UNTESTED PvE build. This is how it should work: you see a group of enemies. First cast Mark of Pain on the creature that you think will be the toughest to kill. Then, cast parasitic bond on a weak enemy. Keep casting parasitic bond when you have the chance. Spam Barrage, which should be very effective when Mark of Painís damage is factored in. If your health starts getting low, use lightning reflexes and start focus firing an enemy that you had cast Parasitic Bond on earlier. If you get in a boss situation, Use lightning reflexes, and spam distracting shot and penetrating attack. Antidote Signet was thrown in for obvious reasons.

Criticize! :clap:

Another curse I think you should take a look at is Shadow of Fear. Forr 10 energy, you can AoE slow the enemy attack rate by 50% for 30 seconds with a curses Attribute of only 8, and you should be able to do so for 40 seconds with one of 12 or so. When I am surrounded by enemies attacking me, out comes Shadow of Fear.. and now those enemies just don't do much damage anymore. Its especially effective against bosses, as you can now tank VERY effectively for 20-30 seconds at a time against enemies 8+ levels above you (I have no elites in my skill list at the moment, and i was tanking a level 28 boss and 3-4 mobs at the same time by myself and winning with my R/N and i wasn't using MoP to increase my damage rate, just using Troll U and Shadow of Fear), while you are still barraging your enemies to death. Plus Shadow recharges in only 10 seconds so you can spam it and keep it up at all times.

With the appropriate Necro and Ranger life regen skills, you can keep yourself at full health really easily, and energy isn't really going to be a problem either even if you only use the druid's set, as you only need to cast two spells, each of which last a long time. MoP + Shadow of Fear + barrage = dead mobs and live ranger. Plus, if you cast Shadow after Mark of Pain, you can shield Mark of Pain from a hex remover.

Hmm that sounds pretty good..I could replace penetrating attack for Shadow of Fear. Thanks.

p.s. yeah energy won't really be a problem at all. (level 12 expertise :) )

How are you getting +2 to Curses? You can't use secondary profession Runes.
    Hahnsoo's Collectors Guide (ver 0.13) and Ranger Guide (ver 0.60), updated for Factions
    Old Guides (Prophecies only): Mesmer Guide, Skills Guide
    "Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed." -G. K. Chesterton

**** yeah I just realized that, and how I only used 7 skills.

ok ok I got things figured out.

Just wondering if you've thought about Barbs.

At lvl 12, it gives +8 damage whenever the target foe gets hit (not just by you I believe).

If you combo it with Dual Shot, that's an instant +16 damage and all your allies (warriors/rangers) can benefit from it as well.

Just a thought...

Hahnsoo, he could be using awaken the blood...

it gives +2 to curses and blood magic when in effect.

While it does last only 20 seconds without ranks in blood magic, and takes 45 sec to recharge, the amount of time it would take for him to activate awaken the blood then cast MoP and Shadow of Fear would not be longer than approximately ten seconds. Since none of the skills we suggested here involve health sacrifice, he can gain the +2 without worrying too much about the side effect, and the recharge time isn't too much of a worry as most of the skills he would be using have long duration anyway. I actually think that using awaken the blood would be a very good idea.

Additionally, I would recommend jamesmackswell that you take off the three extra points in expertise. you don't need the additional three points, and 13 points is too many I think. I think 9 points is best since you aren't really using expertise based skills, and the extra 3 points in it isn't worth it since it only nets you one extra damage point when using distracting shot, and you won't net any reduction in the cost of your spells (which you have an unusually large number of in your build) from expertise. Sorry, but thats the way the game works.

I would realign your skills as such:

9 points in expertise
    14-15 points in marksmanship
    12 points in curses

whatever is left over should go to marksmanship or wilderness survival, so that if necessary you can replace parasitic bond with Troll Unguent or just do more damage with barrage.
    Last edited by ChaosJester; 16-07-2005 at 03:25.

Faintheartedness or Shadow of Fear work much better than Mark of Pain:

It never worked, where ignite arrows hit and dealt area damage, mark of pain did sadly nothing. :(

Maybe it is because ignite arrows changed the damage to fire and it relies on physical damage.

I was so disappointed that I took it out of the build.

Blood magic might be better. Cos u dun have any skills to upkeep ur health except parastics bond which required a 20 secs wait to gain health....

Quote Originally Posted by Longasc
    Faintheartedness or Shadow of Fear work much better than Mark of Pain:

It never worked, where ignite arrows hit and dealt area damage, mark of pain did sadly nothing. :(

Maybe it is because ignite arrows changed the damage to fire and it relies on physical damage.

I was so disappointed that I took it out of the build.
    If you're using Barrage, though, you can't use ignite arrows because Barrage removes all preparations, right? So MoP should still be a good choice for the "unprepared". :happy34: