PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is PvE "grind" really any different than ...

PvP "grind?"

Wow, to unlock things in faction, I need at least 1000 faction points. And even in a ten minute guild battle, I still only earn about 200 faction.

I KNOW I find at least one minor rune per hour of adventuring. PvP isn't even any more exciting for me than PvE. Not to mention, I get the joys of adventuring with PvE.

GWOnline.Net Member
    Quote Originally Posted by UchihaMaeda
    PvP "grind?"

Wow, to unlock things in faction, I need at least 1000 faction points. And even in a ten minute guild battle, I still only earn about 200 faction.

I KNOW I find at least one minor rune per hour of adventuring. PvP isn't even any more exciting for me than PvE. Not to mention, I get the joys of adventuring with PvE.
    Yes, obviously it is; its voluntary. While pve-grind never is.

GWOnline.Net Member
    Pretty much every organized system in life is a ladder (a.k.a treadmill or grind), I find PvP much more entertaining than PvE, to each his own though.

Its easier to acquire abilities through PvE, due to the nature of being able to simply buy a signet of capture for a grand total of 100g + additional cost on it after the first, looking up a map of where an elite skill is, and hunting it down. Like say, it could take all of 5 minutes to get Illusionary weaponry through PvE, but it requires 3000 faction to unlock via PvP. As far as runes or weapon mods go, its probably faster to pvp, due to the random nature of un-IDed items.

GWOnline.Net Member

well

Why dont you just go to crystal desert after you do your attribute quests and change your 2ndary, buy all the skills for that 2ndary and then change again and do it again? then you get to unlock all the skills and no pvp time wasted!

I see no grind in this game. You guys are working too hard :happy34:

Quote Originally Posted by Mkillerh
    Agreed, at least for PvE. Even though the drops may be terrible, you don't really need the best/rarest items to go though this game, thus there is no need to grind if you don't want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Mkillerh

Have to agree and you can always find someone who want's the Gold Hammer's i keep finding...Maybe when i ascend i'll change my secondry to warrior, that way i can use some of the stuff i keep finding....

Quote Originally Posted by rubberband shooter
    Agreed, at least for PvE. Even though the drops may be terrible, you don't really need the best/rarest items to go though this game, thus there is no need to grind if you don't want to.
    I'd debate that. Because the drops are so terrible at the moment, you need to grind in PvE to earn the cash to buy the next set of armour. Otherwise you're just going to get run over by the mobs in Kryta, or the Crystal Desert, or anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by UchihaMaeda
    PvP "grind?"
    200 faction in 10 minutes? That's 1000 faction within an hour?

Let me tell you that I have unlocked all minor runes. But a new major - let alone superiour - rune take forever. I can play for days in desert/shiverpeaks and not unlock a single new rune. Let alone a new weapon upgrade.

In PvP you can at least choose what to unlock!!!