PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 330 single hit?

330 single hit?

OK, I haven't taken my elementalist into PvP yet as I use another class but I do use it for PvE all the time. I was in the LA random arenas and some mesmer was claiming to have been wiped out by a single shot from a prime E for 330 points of damage. This mesmer claimed that he didn't have any hexes, etc. on him at the time. However, his AL is 30 which is too low IMO to be in the arena, anyway. I reviewed the E spells and I don't see any single spell that could do 330 damage. However, like I said, I don't PvP my E and I've never taken a single hit damage like that with any of my PvP characters. Anyone know how this could have happened or is this guy just making stuff up?

TIA for your replies.

-Dar

AL 30 means you take almost the 168% of damage
    so it's possible :D
    but personally the max i did in arena (on a caster with AL 30 too) was around 260

GWOnline.Net Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowZ
    AL 30 means you take almost the 168% of damage
    so it's possible :D
    but personally the max i did in arena (on a caster with AL 30 too) was around 260
    Maybe he was casted with Lightning Surge and Chain Lightning. Which he maybe didnt see

GWOnline.Net Member
    Edit: I guess if he had illusionary weaponry he wouldn't have 30 armor so I doubt he was using frenzy
    Last edited by trowabartan; 18-07-2005 at 19:29.

Yeah, if he crap armor on with little elemental resistance, lighting is just going to rape through that. So 330 seems about right.

This is the only posibility

Superior Rune of Air + Glyph of Elemental Power + Staff Mod with +1 Air Magic + max Air Magic attribute. If you're lucky to get that +1 Air Magic Bonus from the Staff, by the time you use the Glyph, you have an Air Magic of 18, and with a crappy armor, a Lightning Orb will deal that much damage and sometimes more. :)

There's actually another way too. At rank 16 pheonix will deal 219 damage before armor, with 30 armor that becomes 360 odd damage. Pheonix = most damaging spell in the game without the consideration of armor, and assuming youre in melee range when it goes off so that you get the initial burst damage as well.

well

I think Phoenix would report 2 numbers (launch, impact dive) so you may get that total but I don't think you'd see that number. Could be wrong tho.

Thanks for the replies. :) I told this mesmer many of the things that were said here but I wasn't sure. When he told me the most damage he had taken from a PA ranger attack had been 152 I told him that 330 from an Aero E should be easy then.

Thanks again!

-Dar

GWOnline.Net Member
    what about the skills that ignore armor?