PC Gaming News

Thread: healing

Motorman

healing

i am a Me/N and i want to use necro skills for healing instead of mesmer skills what do you guys suggest? or is it really better to use mesmer for healing?
    Last edited by Motorman; 19-07-2005 at 05:41.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman
    i am a Me/N and i want to use necro skills for healing instead of mesmer skills what do you guys suggest? or is it really better to use mesmer for healing?
    Well, seeing as how mesmers only have one heal, it starts with a base cast time of 2 seconds, has a long(ish) recast, and relys on your enemy being at a moderate power level to work, as well as requiring large inspiritation to be useful... I would say that you'd probably be better off with necromancer.

All of the main healing skills for Necromancers come from Blood Magic. I suppose there are Corpse/Minion consuming spells for health in Death Magic, but I think Blood Magic is a bit more useful and efficient. Just dump a lot of points into Blood Magic and go with Vampiric Gaze and Well of Blood, two great healing spells. If you need a 3rd, go with Shadow Strike (lots of damage, and life stealing) or Life Siphon (long casting time, but does stackable DoT while giving you Regen)
    Hahnsoo's Collectors Guide (ver 0.13) and Ranger Guide (ver 0.60), updated for Factions
    Old Guides (Prophecies only): Mesmer Guide, Skills Guide
    "Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed." -G. K. Chesterton

If you use a lot of Illusion, Illusion of Weakness gives you up to 253 health for when you need it most (no time limit). Other than that, the Necro line has plenty of options in Blood. Life Siphon is a good start, along with Parasitic Bond.

Motorman
    ok, thanks guys

GWOnline.Net Member
    IoW is sketchy.

If you get spiked it won't trigger. If you get DoT'd it won't trigger. If it gets shattered right away you don't get any benefit.

Pretty sketchy...