PC Gaming News

Threaded View

W/MO-Farming as Sword

I have been trying to make a sword variation of the axe griffon farming build that was posted earlier this month that was able to take like 30-40 griffons and minotaurs at the same time. I like swords better than axes in PvE because swords are much much better in groups than axes because you are usually grouped with idiots that mess up your aggro which makes staple skills like cyclone axe less effective.The link to the mentioned thread can be found here: http://forums.gwonline.net/showthread.php?t=356004

The original build looks like this:

Bonetti's Defense
    Cyclone Axe
    Vigorous Spirit
    Zealot's Fire
    Healing Breeze
    Healing Hands {E}
    Live Vicariously
    Mending

Now when I tried to turn it into swords I got something that looked like this:

10 Smiting
    8 Healing
    10+4 Sword=14 Sword
    8+1 Tactics=9 Tactics (This will allow me to use a 9 requirement Crimson Carapace shield)

Bonetti's Defense
    Hundred Blades
    Vigorous Spirit
    Zealot's Fire
    Healing Breeze
    Signet of Wrath
    Live Vicariously
    Mending

The problem is that I don't have Healing Hands when I am using the sword version. Healing Hands appears to be critical because it heals you each time you are hit by physical damage. Signet of Wrath WILL give me much higher damage output, but I am not sure that will make up for the lack of Healing Hands. I really hate being forced to use axe, but Areanet seems to have gimped Hundred Blades when they made it elite. Also, I don't like some of the pure smite builds that are popping up because I like using a shield and platemail rather than energy boosting equipment.

My number one problem with axes is that there are UBER farming builds for them but their "normal" mission/Uw/party build totally sucks compared to swords.
    Last edited by GraulTehUber; 24-07-2005 at 03:47.