PC Gaming News

Changing your second profession

If I change my profession via one of those quests (eg elementalist path), and I opt to change back to my previous secondary profession through its own quest, do my previous secondary profession skills remain available on my character when I change back?

They sure do! :happy34:

And on an even happier note, you no longer have to run the quest for your original secondary profession to get it back.
    It asks in proper syntax or it doesn't get the heal again.

Sanguine Verse--Lucent Stiletto--Jackpine Gypsy
    Aurem Kismet--Olivia Kismet--Nathanael Kismet

Thank you. I was afraid I'll have to get them all over again, so I never changed. :)

What happens to the attribute points used on your secondary profession??

Quote Originally Posted by HwaRang
    What happens to the attribute points used on your secondary profession??
    The attribute points you have invested in your secondary go back into your pool, without costing any refund points.
    It asks in proper syntax or it doesn't get the heal again.

Sanguine Verse--Lucent Stiletto--Jackpine Gypsy
    Aurem Kismet--Olivia Kismet--Nathanael Kismet

How do you change your secondary profession in post-searing Ascalon?

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinPunter
    How do you change your secondary profession in post-searing Ascalon?
    Secondary Profession changes are made in the Crystal Desert. If you just made it to post-searing Ascalon, you may want to consider re-making your character as the desert is a long way off from Ascalon.

Quote Originally Posted by calderstrake
    Secondary Profession changes are made in the Crystal Desert. If you just made it to post-searing Ascalon, you may want to consider re-making your character as the desert is a long way off from Ascalon.
    Ah, lol, yea i just made it into post-searing Ascalon. I'm a level 8 W/Mo, and I don't even use monk abilities at all, I just tank it through while someone else heals me and curses enemies.

Curtise Bare
    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinPunter
    Ah, lol, yea i just made it into post-searing Ascalon. I'm a level 8 W/Mo, and I don't even use monk abilities at all, I just tank it through while someone else heals me and curses enemies.
    If you don't want to restart your character and you still find yourself not using your monk healing skills you should consider switching to protection or smiting. Iíve been using a combination of protection and stances for my W/Mo and he can tank physical attacks for a long time. A stance + healing signet is typically good enough. I think Iíll be switching over to smiting to see how that works in the underworld.