PC Gaming News
    wazzupi

Whats The Best Pvp Build !!

I want to know whats the best pvp build for mesmer i dont care about secondary i'll just switch but i want to know damage wise i dont want anti-casting or anything just want to own ppl :) HEHE i read alot of these threads that are confusing because everyones saying something different just plain and simple whats the best ????? dmg wise thx !! oops forgot i'd like the skills to be more with mesmer not like a elementalist type of ****
    Last edited by wazzupi; 28-07-2005 at 03:47.

1. There is no "best" If you run around here in the mesmer forums looking for the "best" then I am not surprised the threads you have encountered confused you

2. Damage isn't the main point of mesmer. The main goal of mesmer is to hinder not to "pwn" if youre looking for something that can deal lots of damage and "pwn" its best you go to other forums, especially elementalist and warrior forums, plenty of those there.

3. There IS a way to deal damage as a mesmer but looking at how you want to be the "best" and how you want to "pwn" people, I dare not say a thing...I dont know maybe its just today competition arena is just filled with big headed jerks who talk sh*t and brag and say he pwns this and that.

Dont worry someone else will tell you how to do this spike damager build, just be patient.

GWOnline.Net Member
    If you just want to "own" people, you've definately picked up the wrong game. It might be hard for you to comprehend that there IS no BEST build.
    Yeah man seriously, OMGWTFBBQ?
    Best damage build for mesmer is probably the fragility build.
    Just look it up.

wazzupi
    ok maybe i didn't mean best but most dmg and,i like mesmer alot its cool but i just dont know whats good :) HEHE my guild is gonna make a gvg with mesmers HEHE and i am just so use to other games i kinda messed up BUT THX FOR HELP !
    Last edited by wazzupi; 28-07-2005 at 04:57.

Just from reading posts about Mesmers, there are different sorts of "best of" Mesmers to create. I don't know which threads, but doing a search will be beneficial.

Fragility Mesmer/Necro: apparently this type of Mes/Nec does a great amount of damage heavily relying on a hex combo.

Interruption/Domination Mesmer: a Mesmer with high Domination can do a lot of damage to inexperienced casters. Personally, I still like using Backfire as it can do around -100 damage everytime the target foe casts. Using Power Spike to interrupt a target caster is also a fine way to damage someone. It also doesn't hurt to use Shatter Hex for that AoE damage just in case you or a teammate gets Hexed.

Then you have the energy stealing Mesmers, but apparently you're interested in damage so I won't explain anything about them.

An all group of Mesmers has the unfortunate weakness of relying on hexes. If you went up against a Ranger using Nature's Renewal (I think), your team will be screwed because NR is an anti-hex.
    Chung Wei Shan (Mo/W) -- June Leigh (Me/N) -- Zhong Bao Feng (R/E)
    Come on, fhqwhgads! Everybody to the Limit!

i play nrg burning mesmers. wastrels worry and mind wrack are quite good for that. and backfire might be of some use before you start burning then. so mainly i go dom/insp/fastcast

the best targets to burn are monks. try and find a prot monk thats running life bonds or something then once u burn them half their life bonds suddenly disappear
    Last edited by The Dead Cell; 28-07-2005 at 09:00.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleman Azure
    1. There is no "best" If you run around here in the mesmer forums looking for the "best" then I am not surprised the threads you have encountered confused you

2. Damage isn't the main point of mesmer. The main goal of mesmer is to hinder not to "pwn" if youre looking for something that can deal lots of damage and "pwn" its best you go to other forums, especially elementalist and warrior forums, plenty of those there.

3. There IS a way to deal damage as a mesmer but looking at how you want to be the "best" and how you want to "pwn" people, I dare not say a thing...I dont know maybe its just today competition arena is just filled with big headed jerks who talk sh*t and brag and say he pwns this and that.

Dont worry someone else will tell you how to do this spike damager build, just be patient.
    Hmm.. but I was under the impression that hindering and disabling someone to kill them with a cane was "pwning" :/

Quote Originally Posted by Chung Wei Shan
    Just from reading posts about Mesmers, there are different sorts of "best of" Mesmers to create. I don't know which threads, but doing a search will be beneficial.

Fragility Mesmer/Necro: apparently this type of Mes/Nec does a great amount of damage heavily relying on a hex combo.

Interruption/Domination Mesmer: a Mesmer with high Domination can do a lot of damage to inexperienced casters. Personally, I still like using Backfire as it can do around -100 damage everytime the target foe casts. Using Power Spike to interrupt a target caster is also a fine way to damage someone. It also doesn't hurt to use Shatter Hex for that AoE damage just in case you or a teammate gets Hexed.

Then you have the energy stealing Mesmers, but apparently you're interested in damage so I won't explain anything about them.

An all group of Mesmers has the unfortunate weakness of relying on hexes. If you went up against a Ranger using Nature's Renewal (I think), your team will be screwed because NR is an anti-hex.
    You left out Illusionary Weaponry mesmers.
    The kind of mesmers everyone loves or hates.
    Great for fooling warriors that you're just a squishy caster.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizzy
    Hmm.. but I was under the impression that hindering and disabling someone to kill them with a cane was "pwning" :/
    No, i just plain dont like the word "pwning". And the common term of "pwnd" is used when someone kills someone in combat. Sure, we probably do "pwn" people by shutting them down but to the eyes of the common players we arent doing anything much.