PC Gaming News
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    GWOnline.Net Member
    dot - death over time

that that meant damage over time, here its called degen

you'll probably see some class combinations made into words due to laziness or intent, like mow, elmo, mew, etc.

gogogogogogogogogogogogogogogogogogogogogogogogogo gogogogogogo = i am really impatient, cant listen to advice, and think my w/mo IS God because i have a UBER GODLY MAX DAMAGE GOLD (REQ 13) HEAVY FELLBLADE OF ENCHANTING (with no mods or 15% >50% and the enchanting is useless because its 10% and he only brought rez, no mending)

GWOnline.Net Member
    NI - doesnt mean anything as far as i know, but people use it cause lots of pain and may possibly use it in conjunction with demand for a shrubbery, another shrubbery, cutting down the mightiest tree in the forest with a herring

a possible counter to the "NI" build is using the "IT" build

if anybody asks, someone else most likely from england or at least europe can answer, monty python stuff is far less known out of this country than it should be

lag - usually used to tell people you've had latency problems (slower connection / some packets of data scrambled/ not recieved) also used by people who died but dont want to admit it was either their fault or that they could be beat by somebody else (has become a hell of a common occurance in european pvp right now, specially with your common "lower iq than a toaster" w/mo when he tries to beat on a smiting monk
    Last edited by MR Psycho Guy; 29-07-2005 at 07:43.

Quote Originally Posted by elsydeon
    that that meant damage over time, here its called degen

you'll probably see some class combinations made into words due to laziness or intent, like mow, elmo, mew, etc.

I usualy call e/mos Emus lol

Pwned, pwnage, pwn= Owned, ownage, own: basicly saying that enemy had no chance and you killed it without much thought

Monkeys= Monks

Aerendur
    Henchies = henchmen
    Guildies = fellow guild members
    AOE = area of effect
    Healer = monk as primary skill
    Tank = Warrior as primary skill
    Boss = NPC/monster with a unique name (in GW...most likely will have a glow around his/her character)
    NPC = non-player character (a.k.a. computer programmed entity/player/animal/monster)
    Toon = your characters in your account (slang for cartoon)
    Runner = someone in GW who will party with you and run to a location of your choice that you could not get to alone (like to get the warp point).
    UI = user interface
    farmer = a player (or in some cases a bot) that goes out and kills for the sole purpose of garnering specific items from those kills - usually for significant lengths of time in order to get enormous amounts of something - either to trade or sell.
    bot = a character in a player's account that will be controlled by a program or set of macros when in the game to farm for long periods of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerendur
    Henchies = henchmen
    bot = a character in a player's account that will be controlled by a program or set of macros when in the game to farm for long periods of time.
    bot = banhammer
    banhammer = bye bye
    bye bye = happiness

err, not Acronyms, but useful nonetheless...
    nuker - elementalist (usually fire AOE)....ability to spam high damage spells
    spam - cast constantly, either fast recharge or cast multiple spells in a row quickly

LFM = looking for more = Looking For Member(s)
    GLF1M = Group Looking for (1 more = 1 Member)
    W = Warrior
    N = Necro (sometime Ne)
    Me = Mesmer
    E = Elementalist (sometimes El or Ele)
    Mo = Monk
    R = Ranger

Mob = enemy or group of enemies (both singular and plural)

and one many n00bs don't seem to know:
    "wait" or "hold on" means "Stop, don't move, don't start the mission, etc"

MILF = Monster I'd like to Fight

(Used for telling team members which monster to fight for capture skill)

Quote Originally Posted by Suicide Striker
    MILF = Monster I'd like to Fight

(Used for telling team members which monster to fight for capture skill)

LMAO! :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by bleach
    rofl = rolling on floor laughing

I used to think that rofl = roaring out fxxking loudly.... :eek: