PC Gaming News

Thread: Hydro Healer

Hydro Healer

hi everyone, my char is a ele/monk and lm a hydromancer, l used to use my monk healin mainly jus to heal myself but recently doin a mission, l found myself being the only one with monk powers and ended up being the designated healer, which l actualy found to be quite enjoyable
    so l was thinkin bout becomin a healer and use my water powers to aid me
    l was thinkin maybe to go with a configaration like this:-

ice spikes (to slow enemies to buy time to heal or run away)
    maelstrom (distract enemies overwhelmin party)
    blur vision (buy time to heal)
    amor of mist (escape from sticky situations to live to heal another day)
    aura of restoration (so dont have to heal myself as much)
    heal other (to heal ally)
    healin breeze (to heal others and myself)
    resuruct (to resuruct)

pliz tell me what you think and any suggestions to improve.

The gist of it looks good. I play a hydro healer myself, and when I'm required to chip in as a healer in PvE i find that Heal Party is a very useful spell. I would also consider bringing Ward Against Harm, perhaps instead of Ice Spikes or Maelstrom. With Healing Breeze, Heal Party, Ward Against Harm you can do a lot to aid your party. I personally bring only Ice Spear when I'm required to act mostly as a buffer/healer/pure support character. It's cheap and you can spam it if need be, but mostly it's for self defense or to help bring down very tough mobs that requires everybody to pile in. Blurred Vision is a great party suport spell.

Oh, and I'd go with Restore Life OR Rebirth over Resurrect. I usually go with Restore Life as it brings people back in a more combat worthy state.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Kreig Boy
    hi everyone, my char is a ele/monk and lm a hydromancer, l used to use my monk healin mainly jus to heal myself but recently doin a mission, l found myself being the only one with monk powers and ended up being the designated healer, which l actualy found to be quite enjoyable
    so l was thinkin bout becomin a healer and use my water powers to aid me
    l was thinkin maybe to go with a configaration like this:-

ice spikes (to slow enemies to buy time to heal or run away)
    maelstrom (distract enemies overwhelmin party)
    blur vision (buy time to heal)
    amor of mist (escape from sticky situations to live to heal another day)
    resuruct (to resuruct)

pliz tell me what you think and any suggestions to improve.
    2 words : no energy.

Just look at the cost : 15 energy, 25 + exhaustion, 15, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10.

You got all expensive spells, you need to use them frequently (at least the 2 heals) and you got absolutely no way to regen your energy and no atunement. You're gonna end up out of energy very very fast.

Here's what i'd suggest :

Heal Other
    Healing Breeze
    Ice Spear
    Armor of Mist
    Water Atunement/Divine Boon
    Aura of Restoration
    Ether Renewal
    Rebirth/Restore

I'd likely use Divine Boon personally if you want to concentrate more on healing, but if you're only a support healer you could use Ice Spear to spam and Water Atunement so it costs less so that you have more offensive power. This way at least when you get down low on energy from Healing, you can just cast Ether (make sure you have Armor of Mist on for an extra enchant) and start spamming Divine Boon if you need more defense or Ice Spear for more offense. This can easily get you back full on Energy before Ether Renewal is done, and that's really useful so that you can keep using Heal Other and Healing Breeze. If you pick Divine Boon, you could also ditch Ice Spear for Maelstrom, this prevents a LOT of damage from enemy casters and is the best anti-monk in PvE. The energy isn't a big issue with Ether.

Points would likely be something like 12 healing, 9 + 3 (sup) water 9 + 2 (minor + eye) energy storage. Hope that helps

Quote Originally Posted by Patccmoi
    2 words : no energy.

Just look at the cost : 15 energy, 25 + exhaustion, 15, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10.

You got all expensive spells, you need to use them frequently (at least the 2 heals) and you got absolutely no way to regen your energy and no atunement. You're gonna end up out of energy very very fast.

Here's what i'd suggest :

Heal Other
    Healing Breeze
    Ice Spear
    Armor of Mist
    Water Atunement/Divine Boon
    Aura of Restoration
    Ether Renewal
    Rebirth/Restore

I'd likely use Divine Boon personally if you want to concentrate more on healing, but if you're only a support healer you could use Ice Spear to spam and Water Atunement so it costs less so that you have more offensive power. This way at least when you get down low on energy from Healing, you can just cast Ether (make sure you have Armor of Mist on for an extra enchant) and start spamming Divine Boon if you need more defense or Ice Spear for more offense. This can easily get you back full on Energy before Ether Renewal is done, and that's really useful so that you can keep using Heal Other and Healing Breeze. If you pick Divine Boon, you could also ditch Ice Spear for Maelstrom, this prevents a LOT of damage from enemy casters and is the best anti-monk in PvE. The energy isn't a big issue with Ether.

Points would likely be something like 12 healing, 9 + 3 (sup) water 9 + 2 (minor + eye) energy storage. Hope that helps
    He said he's an e/mo therefore he can't use monk runes.
    To be honest I can't see it be worthwhile maxing out healing prayers for the sake of 2 spells. you could golike me and use earth insteadfor its better defensive spells i.e the wards andarmor spells.

sorry i cant type anymore but ihave to go and buy a new keyboard, i smashed the hell out of this one earlier when i lost a gameof solitaire to the computer. think i screwed it pretty bad. will post backlater

you should really only stick with your primary profession, or ditch water and only do heal... because right now you arnt so good at either... Water has Ward against Harm, which is a good elite, +60 armor vs Fire if you are at 16and +25 vs other damage, trident is a fun knockdown spell with only 3 second recharge time and cost 5 energy, you can do lots of combo with this one... make them run, with a slow hex on, then knockdown...

thx ppl for the suggestions they will really help me
    pattccmoi l might use ur configuration, as l did find with mine that l ran out of energy quite quickly.

thank u all :worship:

There is no elite? So bring Ether Prodigy. He has no spamming spells so Renewel is probably not good... and Water does not have many spammable spells.

Another choice for Energy Management is Glyph of Energy.

On the other hand, if if you focus on healing you can also considering using Glyph of Elemental Power + Ward against Harm.

ice spikes
    maelstrom
    blur vision
    Ether Prodigy {elite}
    resuruct (to resuruct)