PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Which Forge or 15k armour to go for?

My secondary profession is Ele if it matters. I haven't decided which elementalist I'll become (fire or air). Which armour do you think is best suited for me? I could go in for other elementalist options as well if it's needed. Right now I'm into PvE, but I'd like to go for PvP once I get through the game's storyline.

Seems to me that druids is the obvious choice, considering the cost of ele spells...

Druid's is obviously a good choice, but then again that frostbound armor looks awsome doesn't it?

Yes it looks good but I'd prefer being more effective than cosmetically superior. :) And the link for the 15k Frost armour in the sticky thread returns a 404. Anyone have any image?

Can't go wrong with druid's but if your running winter/greater conflag. you could either use frostbound/drakescale and manipulate the damage you take to be better negated by the armor you wear. :)

Quote Originally Posted by feral
    Yes it looks good but I'd prefer being more effective than cosmetically superior. :) And the link for the 15k Frost armour in the sticky thread returns a 404. Anyone have any image?
    Male Or female? Can't believe they're broke again....*goes to check and attempt a repair*

Druids seems the best choice if you can never decide as teh extra energy never hurts. However with the Lightning damage trend Studded wouldn't be a bad choice either. Alternativley get frost armour and run GC+Winter to be one of the best tanks in the game

Edit: After a little hickup with me accidently making several lines one link instead of two....all the pictures should be working, if not give me a PM ;)
    Last edited by Zero; 01-08-2005 at 16:07.
    IGN: Zero Djinn
    Problem that needs immediate attention? IM me

Go for 15k druids for female rangers. They looks absolutely beautiful and it's armor that it's quite nice for PvE. As Zero stated, energy is always nice. To me, PvE is PvE, where any armor would get you through as easily, so it's all about the looks, thus druids.

Imo, there is only few reasons to use your PvE char to PvP. 99% of the time, you probably be able to roll a better char (in your case, the ranger) by making a PvP char from what you've unlocked in PvE. The PvP weapon/armor choice is nice. So in that case, when you roll for your PvP char, you can equip studded leather vs lightning and look good when you fight evil with your PvE char!

I'm confused(nothing new for me)

What does GC mean?

And besides aesthetics, is one set of 15k better than the others?

Thanks

GC = Greater Conflagration (my spelling sucks today)
    Last edited by Cedewin; 01-08-2005 at 17:19.

Quote Originally Posted by SilenceoftheWord
    I'm confused(nothing new for me)

What does GC mean?
    Greater Conflagration (availability)
    Description: Create a level 1-8 Spirit. For creatures within its range, all physical damage is fire damage instead. This Spirit dies after 30-126 seconds. This is an elite skill.
    Energy Cost: 5
    Activation Time: 5 Seconds.
    Recharge Time: 60 Seconds.
    Linked Attribute Wilderness Survival. Increases Spirit's level and duration.
    Skill Type: Nature Ritual.