PC Gaming News

Yet another W/N thread..

OK. I just made a warrior/necro a couple days ago. He's level 7 and i have 6 points into axe mastery and 6 into strength. I don't have any points in any necromancer stats yet and im wondering, what is the best necromancer stat to put points into? I was kind of thinking curses cause of some of the good skills that has but im not to sure..

this is for PVE and probbly for farming

I've never tried a W/N yet, but I heard nice stuff about blood and curses. Death for resing has a high upkeep of mana. Blood for self healing, maybe curses for Mark Of Pain for AoE damage, or barbs for a bit more damage. CUrses would make a greaet anti-warrior warrior. Weaken armor, enfeeble, faintheartedness, etc. You might need a focus, but if only the warriors go for you (usually no one else goes for warriros first) you can kill the tanks off easy first.

-Curses for a more diverse range of talents, especially increasing your killing power.
    -Death Magic for corpse manipulation (not very recommended for a W/N IMO).
    -Blood for self heal and enemy degen.

I'd say go for either Curses or Blood. It will really depend on how self reliant you are and want to be. With Curses you can probably do more damage but you can't recieve as much yourself either.

Quote Originally Posted by Archenine Paranoia
    -Curses for a more diverse range of talents, especially increasing your killing power.
    -Death Magic for corpse manipulation (not very recommended for a W/N IMO).
    -Blood for self heal and enemy degen.

I'd say go for either Curses or Blood. It will really depend on how self reliant you are and want to be. With Curses you can probably do more damage but you can't recieve as much yourself either.
    Lol, we posted at the same time =D I just went to warrior page, and saw the same thread bumped =P

Alright thinks guys i think im gonna try curses and see if it works out.

actualy death magic isnt so bad i used soul feast a replacement for healing signet and it worked fine also consume corpse is nice it gets you healed and repays some of its cost plus its good for getting out of battle for abit rotting flesh is also nice lol aslong as you dont get it sent back to you XD

but if your going curses spam parasitic bond early in a fight or just b4 you reach your enemy(i waited for them to get to me so i could cast more often)
    also shadow of fear is really sexy

blood is simple but i just freaking looooooove unholy feast o.o hehehe nice lil pbaoe/self heal

Quote Originally Posted by sophistry
    actualy death magic isnt so bad i used soul feast a replacement for healing signet and it worked fine also consume corpse is nice it gets you healed and repays some of its cost plus its good for getting out of battle for abit rotting flesh is also nice lol aslong as you dont get it sent back to you XD

but if your going curses spam parasitic bond early in a fight or just b4 you reach your enemy(i waited for them to get to me so i could cast more often)
    also shadow of fear is really sexy

blood is simple but i just freaking looooooove unholy feast o.o hehehe nice lil pbaoe/self heal
    I personally don't like death, soul feast may be one of the only heals, and it requires a corpse, so it's not that good in PvP.

I have a W/N, an for me I personally like Curse's, i think they work better in Sync with the Warrior skills,

like Weakend Armor -20armor for like _ seconds an my axe is another 20% armor Pent. plus umm dunno what its called forgot, an i dont feel like checking. but it just adds another __ seconds of -20 armor an i guess couple other Curses, but in the end, All my Warrior Hit's are Extremely strong for the few seconds that all the curses are working, about 15-20 seconds. an by then, hopefully there dead.

that was a pvp char, btw. :happy65:

For farming:

1. Cyclone Axe
    2. Bonetti's Defense
    3. Gladiator's Defense
    4. Shield Stance
    5. "Watch Yourself!"
    6. Dolyak Signet
    7. Shadow of Fear
    8. Mark of Pain

Put on gladiator's armor (I don't care how stupid you look), get a vampiric axe (as high as possible), and have ZERO axe mastery (very important). :D Round up a bunch of melee monsters of your choice. Use Gladiator's Defense and Dolyak Signet, and then put Mark of Pain and Shadow of Fear on a single monster (hopefully a boss). Cyclone Axe to get adrenaline, use "Watch Yourself!" and go into Bonetti's when Glad's ends. Wait until you have full energy, which should be very soon if you are farming a bunch of monsters. Switch to Shield Stance, recast Shadow of Fear, keep Cyclone Axeing and using "Watch Yourself!". Switch back to Bonetti's when you run out of energy, and then go back to Gladiator's Defense. The monsters should all be dead before Glad's ends.

Honestly, I haven't actually tried this build, but the idea is solid. Use Mark of Pain, Cyclone Axe with a vampiric axe, and Gladiator's Defense to demolish a mob of melee monsters. Shadow of Fear, Dolyak Signet, "Watch Yourself!", and the vampiric axe to stay alive, Bonetti's to recharge energy, and Shield Stance while Glad's recharges. The zero axe mastery is to make sure the monster with Mark of Pain on them doesn't die.

I use something similar to that, although I have more fun using necro elites when farming than the standard glad stance, but don't use your debuffs on a boss ever, they all quick recover from hexes. The only good thing about the quick recovery is throwing a parasitic bond on them to get a much quicker heal from what I've run into.