PC Gaming News

View Poll Results: Should GW stop users from selling on eBay?

Voters
168. This poll is closed
  • Yes, it's not good for GW's economy!

113 67.26%
  • No, it doesn't bother me, let them make money!

49 29.17%
  • Other, and I'll post why.

6 3.57%
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
    Disclaimer: I do not currently agree with or condone buying anything for GW with RL funds.

This is what happens when you advertise a game with little/no grind and no monthly fee. People get into the game and see that they're going to have to grind in order to be 'the best of the best', and that's not why they came in here. They didn't want a monthly fee, they didn't want to have to kill the same things over and over...

This isn't Anet's problem, it's the wonderfully f'd up community. The people that flocked to this game are here because it's easy and fun, not because they wanted to spend 3 hours in the underworld so that 5 ecto's could drop.

Its imposible to stop people from selling items on Ebay if people are willing to buy the items and gold then thats there choice.

I know alot of people who buy a couple accounts when a game is relased. Roll up a good char for soloing max him out then power level a second and a third account at the same time and sell the accounts once they hit max level. There is a market there so people will provide the service.

And even though its against the EULA or the TOC its no diffrent the breaking the law. If you speed in a car thats breaking the law so unless your a saint and never break or broke a law you cant say anything about these people.

Suicide

Quote Originally Posted by Ritualistic Suicide
    Its imposible to stop people from selling items on Ebay if people are willing to buy the items and gold then thats there choice.

I know alot of people who buy a couple accounts when a game is relased. Roll up a good char for soloing max him out then power level a second and a third account at the same time and sell the accounts once they hit max level. There is a market there so people will provide the service.

And even though its against the EULA or the TOC its no diffrent the breaking the law. If you speed in a car thats breaking the law so unless your a saint and never break or broke a law you cant say anything about these people.

Suicide
    I agree....The problem can only be fixed by removing the market. If there is a market for a product, someone will somehow find a way to provide it. That's a fundamental law of the universe. Hell, you can pay someone to beat the crap out of you. Everything is for sale. It's how the world works. If not on ebay, somewhere else. I think that ANet will figure out how to get rid of the botters in time, however. The money is the beginning of the chain. I guess I don't really care what other people do. It's just inevitable. I don't personally buy or sell in game items on ebay, but if some fool wants to spend $30 on a virtual sword, there will always be someone to sell it to him.

This topic has been discussed numerous times. There isn't anything really new being added here that hasn't already been brought up. The concerns are valid and yes, it is in violation of the EULA.
    Supporters :D of this site are precious....Volunteers are priceless!
    Ask us how you can help!