PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    GWOnline.Net Member

r/e air?? fire?? water??

hi im new to this game, just wondering which one i should go for.

GWOnline.Net Member
    If you're using the elementalist's conjure spells it doesn't really matter actually. Maxed they all do the same damage.
    Personally, I prefer fire because you can use kindle arrows instead of buying a whole new string.

GWOnline.Net Member
    if i use fire, than i don't think im gonna add any point to WS

GWOnline.Net Member
    With conj frost and lightning you need a string of that element on your bow for the conjure to work, but w/ conjure flame you can use kindle arrow which adds more damage and like previous post said, you can use anoother string instead of an elemental.

GWOnline.Net Member
    if i can't put any points in to WS, then my kindle arrows would only be 3 fire dmg...

GWOnline.Net Member krispykritter's Avatar
    Why wouldn't you be able to put points into WS? Where you putting(or planning to put) your skill points.

GWOnline.Net Member
    expertise 10 (+1 rune) = 11
    marksmanship 10 (+1 rune, +1 mask) = 12
    WS 11 (+1 rune) = 12

or

fire magic 11 (+1 rune) = 12

so if i add WS i can't get fire, if i add fire i can't get WS
    i don't want to use +2 or +3 rune, cuz i don't want to -50 or -75 hp
    Last edited by phat; 05-08-2005 at 19:44.

GWOnline.Net Member
    This is what I used:

Marksmanship: 8 + 1(Rune)
    Expertise: 8 + 1(Rune)
    Wilderness Survival: 10 + 2(Rune and mask)
    Fire Magic: 10

GWOnline.Net Member
    I once tried out R/ Earth...

In fact, I have a funny story.

Remember there's a quest where you need to fight your mirror?

Well, guess what?!! They don't allow your Pet to fight with you so if you are a pure beast master, you are doomed.

So, I had to re-allocate all my skill points and since I am R/E, I chose Earth element instead. It took me so many tries to figure out how to beat my Mirror since he has max. damage and probably armor as well. It was really difficult for me because I had zero in Marksman.

Anyway, it turns out I beat him with:
    Armor of Earth (awesome!!!)
    Eruption
    Obsidian Flame (the best!)
    Whirling defense
    Throw Dirt (since I am not using my bow anyway!)
    and some Pet skills so that my mirror doesn't use skills on me! lol

I started the fight with Eruption so he gets Blinded for a while and then I immediately cast Armor of Earth (great protection BTW). Then I just keep spamming Obsidian Flame!! It does GREAT damage and it penetrates armor/resistance. I know it costs exhausation so my Ranger uses an Earth Staff instead to increase my energy to 40 something.

The build is actually not that bad. Armor of Earth is one great skill.

I think R/E will work.

My plan in the future is to make one R / Water. My main damage will come from my Pet and I'll spam Water Trident. Cheap energy cost, decent damage and some knockdown effect. :D

GWOnline.Net Member krispykritter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phat
    WS 11 (+1 rune) = 12

or

fire magic 11 (+1 rune) = 12

so if i add WS i can't get fire, if i add fire i can't get WS
    i don't want to use +2 or +3 rune, cuz i don't want to -50 or -75 hp
    A couple of things, first you can't use runes from your secondary class, so the +1 fire rune won't work. Second if you get a vigor rune it will give you some extra health (30/41/50 for min/maj/sup). Third you can stay at 9 expertise (8 + 1) since for 5 cost skills this is a break point in energy reduction. Last expertise does not work on spells, so the only elementalist skills that will be helped by expertise are the glyphs since everything else is a spell.

A lot of people end up going pure ranger because they don't want to split the points 4 ways, however 4 ways is still possible, and a suggestion would be to do the following:

Expertise 8 + 1 = 9
    Markmanship 9 + 2 + 1 = 12 or 8 + 3 + 1 = 12
    Fire/Water/Air 11
    Wilderness 8 +1 = 9 or 9 + 1 = 10

Depending on the route you do with marksmanship. Don't worry so much about the loss of health, if you're only using one maj/sup its not bad, especially since with the vigor rune and a bow grip of fortitude you lose little if any health (alternative is bow grip of defence to minimize damage).

If possible you want to have some points in WS since that gives you troll ungent, which is a great anti-degen skill since it can't be stipped by other spells.