PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Who else is excited?!?

With all of the negative threads I've seen in the past few weeks, I guess I'd like to see just how many of us in the community truly realize just how lucky we are! Think about it. Guild Wars isn't perfect, but it accomplishes almost everything that the designers set out to do. The majority of players are happy, and the best part is that it's only going to get better. Slowly but surely, ANet is going to continue to tweak here, add a new feature in there, and if they keep up with the level of communication and involvement directly with the community, Guild Wars is really going to end up to be something ultra special.

I am so impressed with how the devs and designers are keeping us informed, keeping in touch with us, so much so that a lot of posters were wondering what had happened to 'weekly' updates that weren't even really weekly! I don't think that a lot of people realize that while this may have been dubbed the 'final' version (seeing that it came after an alpha and a beta phase), but in reality, this version is still very much a work in progress, and very well may stay that way for a long while. In other words, people, this is only the beginning, and I love what I'm seeing. Kudos, ANet, kudos.

I cant wait until Sorrows Furnace and Grenths Footprint area becomes available. oohhhhh boy im going to farm those places like there is no tomorrow. yeeeehawwww.

hooray for GW! it really is great that anet keeps in touch with the community and is doing their best to fix things as they go wrong. i've enjoyed every minute of my time playing GW.

(where will sorrows furnace and grenths footprint be located, anyway?)

i'm a newbie, but I'm going to guess somewhere near shiverpeaks or atleast in that snowy region. I only say this because the bosses look like stone summit guys. (Unless of course these stone summit guys are also seen much later in the game, I'm only currently at frost gate).

Lornars Pass is the place evweryone thinks its gonna be
    IGN: Aria Darkstorm
    username on other sites: Natirasha
    my own forums...or, if that's not your cup of tea, why don't you vote in my awards show?

Quote Originally Posted by Jenascia Walestrom
    With all of the negative threads I've seen in the past few weeks, I guess I'd like to see just how many of us in the community truly realize just how lucky we are!
    I'm guessing you're a glass is half-full sort of person...

Quote Originally Posted by trancejeremy
    I'm guessing you're a glass is half-full sort of person...
    and good for him, so am I. I'm really getting excited for these releases.
    And it doesn't matter if the glass is half empty or half full. What matters is that I need another pint... :drink:

As to the location, I'm not sure where grenth's footplate will be, but sorrow's furnace I can offer a good suggestions on. Just south of Camp Rankor. I might be wrong, (likely) but I think I remember ANet mentioning Camp Rankor once. Not only that, but just south is an area that looks oh so much like a mine entrance. Only theres no entrance. It's sealed. For now...
    Funny to guard nothing with a monk boss....

GWOnline.Net Member
    yea its very nice game & very nice that anet is so active. :happy34:

Yeah..if you ever waited for 3 months for yet another WoW patch to fix a bug you apreciate ANet's ability to update things on teh fly...I mean I have been playing GW since the Jan BWE and I have yet had to install anything on top of teh client..that alone is great..so what if black dye is 15k..you dont need black dye :surprise:

I am assuming in Lornar's Pass by the Satute of Grenth or somewhere near there. It also looks like this will be an area where only ascended players can pass into, just like the UW and FoW (because of comments made by A.net). I think it is nice that A.net decided to reward players for following the storyline of the game.

Dave