PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have a theory about the recent patch

I think A-net implemented new code into the traders.

Basically they inverted the way a trader works in that when you sell items to him the price doesn't go down, but it goes up.

My basis for this theory is that in the past when you sold sigils to the trader the price would go down roughly, and in large quanitities the price would drop dramatically. This is how sigils got to around 30k.

Well I recently sold 10 sigils to the trader and the price went UP by 3k, and its still going up to the point where they are now around 100k.

This could also be the reason silver dye keeps rising because the price was around 1k so ppl start selling silver dye to the trader and the price goes up and up and up.

And I have no idea what happened with black dye but yesterday morning someone brought to my attention that it was 1.3k. I bought 73 of them and went back to storage to get another 100 plat. At this point he was completely sold out of them from everyone buying them.

GWOnline.Net Member
    It does kind of seem that way. For a lot of the runes he's selling for 4 or more plats, he's buying at 25. However, I salvaged a superior expertise rune, not really expecting too much (1.4k on the buy list at trader), and he gave me 800-900 for it. Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by katanaboy
    It does kind of seem that way. For a lot of the runes he's selling for 4 or more plats, he's buying at 25. However, I salvaged a superior expertise rune, not really expecting too much (1.4k on the buy list at trader), and he gave me 800-900 for it. Weird.
    I noticed when i tried to sell my minor vigor runes (i have about 8 of em i think), rune trader price was about 2k, so i though i'd get a decent price each rune... but he rated my runes between 30 and 50g, all a different price which never changed, really weird.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I dunno bout the price of buying from the traders, but when I was selling the couple leather squares I had yesterday, I got more money from the second one than I got from the first. So I know the selling price goes up for every item you sell to the trader.

GWOnline.Net Member
    Quote Originally Posted by VeritasVindico
    I noticed when i tried to sell my minor vigor runes (i have about 8 of em i think), rune trader price was about 2k, so i though i'd get a decent price each rune... but he rated my runes between 30 and 50g, all a different price which never changed, really weird.
    That's because runes will have different "base" prices after you ID them. The first minor vig you id might be 26g and the next you id is 45g.

GWOnline.Net Member
    And I have no idea what happened with black dye but yesterday morning someone brought to my attention that it was 1.3k. I bought 73 of them and went back to storage to get another 100 plat. At this point he was completely sold out of them from everyone buying them.
    Why did you buy 73 ? are you realy that desperate to make more gold ? thats pure greed man in a game ?.

actually from the small amount of runes i have sold to the trader over the last few days my minors wne tofr about 600 and my major for about 900. i dont see a problem with the rune prices at the moment, the more popular ones are more expensive because the drop rate has been nerfed after eveybody complained they weren't getting enough moeny when they found a rune!
    | Malkieth Darkfrost - lvl 20 Necromancer\Elementalist (ascended) |
    | Kyleane Coldlight - lvl 20 Warrior\Ranger (ascended) |
    | Alycia Moonbreaker - lvl 8 Elementalist\Ranger |
    (Owned all 13 sets of Warrior armour at once. See the full collection here)

Quote Originally Posted by P Kay
    and people wonder why the price goes up so quickly, its people like that bulk buying that cause the problems!
    | Malkieth Darkfrost - lvl 20 Necromancer\Elementalist (ascended) |
    | Kyleane Coldlight - lvl 20 Warrior\Ranger (ascended) |
    | Alycia Moonbreaker - lvl 8 Elementalist\Ranger |
    (Owned all 13 sets of Warrior armour at once. See the full collection here)

GWOnline.Net Member
    If people want to be stock brokers in this game, let them. It's their way of having fun..

I sold over 80 deldrimors to the trader, and got a fixed price of 775 for each one.