PC Gaming News
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415
    For 4v4, the change doesn't actually disturb me a lot.

The first 30 seconds is when i cast all my big stuff. Before i didn't even need my Power Drain at all, i was just happy when i got one off. Now i'll just need to be more careful about its use and concentrate on that when cooldown is ready (not that hard really).

They also nerfed Hex Breaker a lot : a lot less wasted hex, thus energy. I really don't worry too much about energy management in PvE. I -might- switch Faint with SoF/Shackles so i'll have a little higher energy and a little higher inspiration too (no need for curses...).

I understand your problem with PvE tough! Seems like it will be MUCH harder to keep things up there. SoF seems like a good option if you can have anything going with it.

You considered going for Me/E? Drop Soothing and use Ward vs Melee or Blurr Vision. Use SoF on the melee guys (or targets in Blurr, w/e. I prefer Ward vs Melee overall but Blurr is nice if you go in places with more rangers and less warriors). They'll miss a lot and provide you with endless energy to keep your MoP up. Seems like a potent option to me.

GWOnline.Net Member Lord Gargoyle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Patccmoi
    than one fighting at around 10% which is usually the aim of Shutdown or Energy Denial mesmers.

What i tought mainly was : what is the 1 single, long lasting hex that hurts every class the most. Here's the build i developed from that:

Conjure Phantasm
    Imagined Burden
    Arcane Conundrum
    Spirit Shackles
    Mantra of Persistence
    Ether Feast
    Energy Drain / Mantra of Recall (i'm not set on which is best yet, read below)
    Vengeance

14 Inspiration (11 + sup)
    12 Illusion (10 + minor + mask)
    11 Fast Cast (10 + 1)

Here's the main idea of how to play it:

There's one main hex for every class:
    sorry for reviving an old thread but i was inspired by your build and tried something similar. i fiught in CA and TA and its great fun. :)

i use:
    migraine, arcane conundrum, empathy, spirit shackles, spirit of failure, mantra of persistence, distortion and res signet.
    using the first two on one mage or splitt them between two is very effective. you can slow them down quite a bit.
    the other two on a melee and/or ranger and the spirit is for energy. very good if you are being attacked and use distortion in conjunction with spirit. :)

i usually have equally divided the skill points. so all skills are effective and the rest goes into fast cast. i have insp up to get 5 energy from spirit of failure.

quote/
    migraine, arcane conundrum, empathy, spirit shackles, spirit of failure, mantra of persistence, distortion and res signet.

Kick that empathy, and rearange the attribute points from domination.
    I would switch it to conjure phantasm. and if u take the migraine and conundrum, then take some interrupts, leech sig or power drain.That way you can interrupt and gain some energy. but then this isn`t crippling mesmer :)

im using this build in 4v4 even after the nerf:
    1 Cripling Ang. or Sig. of midnight
    2 E.Burden
    3 Conj phantasm
    4 shackles or phantom pain
    5 power drain or drain enchantment,
    6 Mantra of Persistence
    7 etherfeast
    8 some rez
    ofcource i try to cast phantasm as much as i can

yeah, but as the crippling mesmer i want something for all classes. and i noticed the slow down for warriors wasnt so effective for me. with empathy i have killed some warriors. they are so stupid and attack even when very low on health and kill themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Gargoyle
    yeah, but as the crippling mesmer i want something for all classes. and i noticed the slow down for warriors wasnt so effective for me. with empathy i have killed some warriors. they are so stupid and attack even when very low on health and kill themselves.
    You likely can't put much points into empathy tough, or you sacrifice all your FC which isn't really a good idea with the current 'let's interrupt everything that takes 1 second or more to cast' trend.

Imo Phantasm is just as good for damage on warriors, it hits them for 10/sec but even if they're not hitting. And it can be used as cover hex for your Migraine/AC, because otherwise they can be removed quite easily.

The disadvantage imo of having Empathy as anti-warrior is that you're not actually hindering them, you're damaging them. They would still kill one of your party member (not you tough cause of Distortion) much faster than they'll die. And if they use Healing Breeze on themselves (which you can't remove) they can just keep hitting and ignore Empathy altogether.

If you read further up into the thread you can see that my original build was modified quite a bit, and instead of Spirit-Shackles i went in Curses for Faintheartedness. This is a very good thing to put on warriors and rangers and it really lowers their efficiency. Just a suggestion.

If it works for you tough, there's nothing wrong with using Empathy either, it is still a pretty damaging skill. But i think i'd drop Spirit-Shackles for it, not Phantasm. Having a reliable, fast cast cover hex that adds damage too is always nice. No cover hex leaves your main hexes really too vulnerable to hex removal.

i dont want to dual class, though, so necro is out.
    well.... but what you say is true. only empathy is based on domination and putting so much points into it is a waste. and i dont have any cover hex. O.O
    i gotta try conjure phantasm. :)