PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wither

GWOnline.Net Member

wither

can someone post a n/me anti caster build with wither ty ;)

i can post you a N/Mo wither build

1. parisidic bond
    2. feintheartedness
    3. wither
    4. suffering
    5. PvE: orison of healing PvP: malaise
    6. healing breeze
    7. mending
    8. for solo:live vicariously, for team: your prefered rez

as you can probly tell this build is for massive degen and using malaise on enemy casters in PvP to degen their energy while having mending or healing breeze to reverse the degen properties of malaise
    IGN: Aria Darkstorm
    username on other sites: Natirasha
    my own forums...or, if that's not your cup of tea, why don't you vote in my awards show?

Ether Lord
    Ether Feast
    Ether Tap
    Wither
    Malaise
    Faintheartedness
    Defile Flesh
    Resurrection Signet

This is actually a Me/N build, but I figure it should work as well for a N/Me. Slap your poor bastard target with Wither and Malaise to completely shut off their energy regen. Go ahead and drop a few other spells--Defile Flesh on whoever your party's trying to kill, Faintheartedness on a warrior, et cetera, until you get low on energy. Then put Ether Lord on your original target for a total of 7 energy degen...it probably won't last long, since Wither and Malaise will wear off when their energy reaches 0, but by the time that happens you should be ready to recast them anyway. Now they'll be back to 0 regen, and with any luck they'll be too low on mana to cast anything. :D

...I haven't gotten a chance to try this yet, but I'm really itching to.

Don't bother with wither/malaise. They'll only stay on your target for 5 seconds max. Then your target will hit F2 and you can kiss your curses goodbye.

ManaCraft

Quote Originally Posted by ManaCraft
    Don't bother with wither/malaise. They'll only stay on your target for 5 seconds max. Then your target will hit F2 and you can kiss your curses goodbye.

ManaCraft
    thats why parasitic bond is so useful in pvp

remove hex 2s cast 7s recast
    smite hex 1s cast 20s recast
    parasitic bond 1s cast 2s recast

Quote Originally Posted by ManaCraft

ManaCraft
    Not true, with curses at respectable levels you can keep Wither and Malaise on for 20+ seconds. 20+ seconds without any energy regen will DEFINETLY hurt.

Back on subject, heres a fun build I made around Wither, pretty much anti-everything, balanced.
    13 Blood, 13 Curses, 10 Soul- Arrange however you like

Wither (E)
    Malaise
    Faintheartedness
    Life Siphon
    Plague Touch
    Vampyric Gaze
    Parasitic Bond
    Rez Sig

Have fun :happy34:

GWOnline.Net Member IIIPowerIII's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Death Sigma
    Not true, with curses at respectable levels you can keep Wither and Malaise on for 20+ seconds. 20+ seconds without any energy regen will DEFINETLY hurt.
    He mean a good team will have hex remover very fast...

Pete the Prot
    No, he means there is a bug in wither/malaise where if you change your offhand item and wand to something else it resets all the hexes effecting your mana.

Pete.

There are ways around any problem. These skills are great in the right build.

GWOnline.Net Member UndeadBehlial's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete the Prot
    No, he means there is a bug in wither/malaise where if you change your offhand item and wand to something else it resets all the hexes effecting your mana.

Pete.
    Hate to continue the trend, but if there is a bug that stinks. Otherwise, he means that you switch to offhand items (i.e. nothing) lowering your max energy to something like 20-25 depending on the character. Then you're drained in no time and the hexes end.
    Spirits of War - a Guild Wars Guild.. Always looking for active and experienced PvP players, PM me for more info!
    Quote Originally Posted by God
    DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!
    Five Dollar Holler | Melee Warrior | Undead Behlial | Six Six Six Visions