PC Gaming News
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by evilastroboy
    Haha considering the difficulty of Sorrows Furnace it would be rather sad if you need to pay a runner. It is only for level 20 ascended characters remember... so I dont see any need for runners... just grab a party amongst the hundreds of people trying to get there and fight your way there.
    My money is on a portal at the Glint statue, since you get there right after ascention, but who knows hopefully it comes out soon... its 1pm September 7th here already *twitches*.
    It was a sarcasm *bangs head against the wall* on runners to the entrance and not within. *keeps on wooping*

Not true, if you get a run from Beacons to Drok you can pass ascension entirely. These days I have ascended many chars and am totally tired of the ascension missions, so once I get to them I get my chars run to droks (Not at level 2 or anything..I am talking played to 16 or so.) and from there you can access all the "end game" quests and such. Heck I just ran my 17 mesmer to Granite Citadel from Droknars forge with henchies and got her her 15k armor. Trust me, it can be done. :D

Quote Originally Posted by GoTh
    ArenaNet has been saying since the beginning that this update will be end game content. To access end game content you must be ascended.

Quote Originally Posted by Revenent
    Not true, if you get a run from Beacons to Drok you can pass ascension entirely. These days I have ascended many chars and am totally tired of the ascension missions, so once I get to them I get my chars run to droks (Not at level 2 or anything..I am talking played to 16 or so.) and from there you can access all the "end game" quests and such. Heck I just ran my 17 mesmer to Granite Citadel from Droknars forge with henchies and got her her 15k armor. Trust me, it can be done. :D
    I have been doing that run for my girlfriends characters... It is no walk in the park... It is the hardest run that I know of, espesially at the circle. Only 1 more run and she will have milked me for 15k armor for all of her characters.

But... IMO, ascending is a great thing, because it opens up the 15 AP missions, so you can get the bonus 30 AP.
    Proud member of Sins
    Member of the Sins Alliance
    Mystic Tiger
    Mystics Angel (my fiance's account)
    First Sunspear Marshal and one of the "Super Fans"

It is a pain, but not to terrible now that I have done it a couple times. (20 Monk and 17 mesmer, both with henchies)

You do not need to ascend to get those 15ap quests.

first one is started in Destinys Gorge..you get a quest to talk to the snake guy whos name is illuding me atm. From there he gives you the first 15 point quest.

The second you get from the lady in Droknars Forge right by storage. You need do only one of the class quests and she will give you the other 15 point quest. No Ascension required. :happy34:

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tiger
    I have been doing that run for my girlfriends characters... It is no walk in the park... It is the hardest run that I know of, espesially at the circle. Only 1 more run and she will have milked me for 15k armor for all of her characters.

But... IMO, ascending is a great thing, because it opens up the 15 AP missions, so you can get the bonus 30 AP.

It is a pain, but not to terrible now that I have done it a couple times. (20 Monk and 17 mesmer, both with henchies)

You do not need to ascend to get those 15ap quests.

first one is started in Destinys Gorge..you get a quest to talk to the snake guy whos name is illuding me atm. From there he gives you the first 15 point quest.

The second you get from the lady in Droknars Forge right by storage. You need do only one of the class quests and she will give you the other 15 point quest. No Ascension required. :happy34:

thought you can only do the secondary class quests only after ascension?

Nope you can get them before ascension, just go to to the towns and talk to the spirits.

Quote Originally Posted by listen
    thought you can only do the secondary class quests only after ascension?

Nope you can get them before ascension, just go to to the towns and talk to the spirits.
    I don't think you can do them though. While the ghosts are certainly there, they don't give you the quests that allow the switch in proffession

Quote Originally Posted by katyn
    I don't think you can do them though. While the ghosts are certainly there, they don't give you the quests that allow the switch in proffession
    I'm sure they do, the requirement for them to start helping you with anything is that you are level 20.

I went exploring with a guildie and close friend earlier. We've decided that's the spot.
    I haven't explored that "lost path" at lonars, but I wouldn't dismiss it.
    If I travel back to the footprint before the patch I'll definately take a screenshot of it. It does seem like a peak is missing from there, as it's actually a "dip" in the earth, where on the radar and map images you'd think it was a peak.

Both paths make sense with the description. The foggy path off of lonars pass is on the east side of the pass. It goes off into the mists, then a path later comes from the mists down into a footprint shaped depression in the earth, on the eastern side of Snake Dance.

I just hope that they have an "outpost" at the entrance. The LAST thing I want to do is have to have to grind through 30 minutes of an area every time I want to go to Sorrow's Furnance/ Grenth's Footprint. I have little time to play as it is.