PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Superior Rune Woes

Anyone else having a hard time getting Superior Monk Runes?

First off the situation. Rune Merchant is consistantly sold out. No runes what so ever and when one pops up someone snatches it right away. Secondly the runes are max price. When I finally got a glimps of a Superior Healing rune it was 11 platinum. Farming for runes is slow. Very slow. And I would have to find Gold level 35+ armor to even have a chance of getting a Superior Monk Rune. Not to mention the chance of getting multiple copies of the same rune while farming.

In short it's hard.

This thread should be to help get Monks Superior Runes. What's the best way to get them? Anyone have spares for sale? Ideas and strategies. If we work together we might ease the tension. Otherwise we all have to wait for the economy to balence out again. We all know that's not going to happen anytime soon.

Help.

just farm tengus or trolls until you have the money to buy them off other players. who cares if "they're making money off you". it is impossible to get it from rune trader and like you said it is near impossible to find.

get the runes, go to underworld, farm for a little bit in underworld, and make your money back selling ectos.

easy as pie.

CAMP the rune trader. Check every 30 seconds. Do this at times nobody else is online, at work or so... -> you will get ever rune you want, just be patient, have the money and camp the trader.

It seems to spawn 1 rune of each type every minute, this seems to be regardless of people selling him runes or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Longasc
    CAMP the rune trader. Check every 30 seconds. Do this at times nobody else is online, at work or so... -> you will get ever rune you want, just be patient, have the money and camp the trader.

It seems to spawn 1 rune of each type every minute, this seems to be regardless of people selling him runes or not.
    I can confirm that. It took me about one hour to get five runes. Some were double, so I traded for fair value (Protection + 7 k for healing). That is definitly faster then looking for drops. You just hve to b4 fast: click- check-click-check, till you click at the right time and it is yours. Have fun, play some music have a glass of wine and in due time you have an invincible monk too.

Quote Originally Posted by taste of tao
    I can confirm that. It took me about one hour to get five runes. Some were double, so I traded for fair value (Protection + 7 k for healing). That is definitly faster then looking for drops. You just have to be fast: click- check-click-check, till you click at the right time and it is yours. Have fun, play some music have a glass of wine and in due time you have an invincible monk too.
    P.S. Sometimes you will see that you are not the only one. There are the same
    people standing with you for half an hour or so, till they get kucky or frustated.

You should have been in Yaks last night---I was gave 3 Sup Monk runes away (and a couple of flamberges) :lol:

ign-Dumb Belle

spelin misteak

Ok to summerize, It's possible to camp the trader. That's good news. Second. People trade Superior monk runes.

Well, for example. Since a Superior Healing Rune was going for 11K at trader, how much is some person going to gouge you or me for it? Like you said, you can make the money back but time is money and visa versa.

With my necro I can get like 4.5 K in an hour. Maybe more. 2 Hours of farming with luck nets me about 10-12 K. So. That's alot of time to afford vendor prices.

8 hours roughly to get all the runes that way.

New question.

Since this is a new character. It's not accended. I'm not level 20 yet. Don't have all the skills I need. Right now I'm missing - healing hands - Essence Bond - Sheild of Judgement. I know where they are but it's still gonna take time to get em.

What I'm really trying to say is are there any good low lev farming spots? Quick money spots. Or tips to speed a mid level character up more? Monk tricks or tips?

Thank you for responding. Any help is good help.

I agree with the last post somewhat. Why is EVERY post about what you do when you are 20 and HAVE every rune and skill..
    how about a guide for 10-20 what you need and what you need to do.
    Like planning armor for end game, weapons...etc
    and something on where to farm to get some stuff to get you to the end.

almost everything I read when I was thinking of getting the game was how to level 20 in a day (yea right) or how I made 50K gold an hr.
    Maybe it was do able back then maybe now HECK if I know.

biggest thing is now every nerf is just one step closer to a dead game for many.

just a thought

little
    Last edited by littlenec; 22-08-2005 at 19:52.

Wink

Only 11K? Then may I buy 2? LOL

For leveling faster ---> I know of no better way than to press forward on the missions to get to the advanced areas more quickly. Or have guildies rush you and then take you expo farming. In advanced areas (relative to your level) you get much higher experience award for each party kill. Do high value quests, and quests that give skills, along the way.

4.5K gold/hour AVERAGE seems racy to me, but even at a sustainable 2K to 3K/hour you can have that superior in 5 hours. Collect all 6 in a mere week or 2 of game play.

just my opservation on the group with a bunch of level 20's.

I believe the game is designed against this.
    I have seen 4-5 mobs engaged and a little guy hanging back.
    ALL of the mobs broke engagement and attacked the little guy.
    I don't agree with this crap code but that is what I have seen.

Little