PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why :(

Why :(

I've tried every single class now. can someone give me an unique and cool build?

i have:

E/M
    R/W
    N/W
    M/W

I would like to have a success full warrior....But then a warriors damage...well...sucks. Give me something fun and tell me why :D

Quote Originally Posted by Cane
    I've tried every single class now. can someone give me an unique and cool build?

i have:

E/M
    R/W
    N/W
    M/W

I would like to have a success full warrior....But then a warriors damage...well...sucks. Give me something fun and tell me why :D
    Mesmer/Necro

You become a mischief making, damage over time, monk killing powerhouse that requires skill and planning to play properly. Check the mesmer forums for build info, most of it is wonderfully creative.

Smile to yourself as people wonder how their godly max damage chaos axe can fell whole groups of stone summit before they've hardly swung a blow. Chuckle as you spike monks to death or stop them casting for long periods, and also wear the most stylish armor in the game.

I would'nt be anything else..

Me/N or N/Me.

They have some really nice skills that combine well, but they aren't your average cookie cutter class. You need to really be on the ball to use these well. It's challenging.

hmmm I'm gonna think about it. I really don't like spell casters...but...

Give me more ideas :)

i have:

E/M
    R/W
    N/W
    M/W

Warrior damage sucks?

Only a Firey Dragon Sword noob would say that. With good choice of skills and a good axe, your special attacks hit for over 100 damage. You can output tonnes more damage than the average Elemenatalist, but they still have the potential to do more. With a Warrior you get the bonus of having loads of armour, most Warrior mobs do 0 damage to you up untill Kryta.

Eviscerate and Executioners Strike for example do at least 42 damage, because with 16 Axe Mastery they have +42 damage. Usually hit for at least 120 on a caster, even lvl 24's.

Elementalists are only about 30% effective against Rangers, because of all the Elemental Armour they have. Physical damage Warriors kick Rangers arse like they were wearing paper.
    Last edited by hireath; 22-08-2005 at 12:28.

Will this be for PvE or PvP?

I've been using a Me/Nec. I switched my attributes for Ring of Fire to be a DoT damage/Team player:

13 Domination / 8 Illusion / 11 Blood (with minor runes)
    Empathy, Backfire, Conjure Phantasm, Life Siphon, Life Transfer, Shatter Hex, Well of Blood, Resurrect Sig

Not the greatest build of all times, but it's to help my teammates. I used to have a Mo/W, and right now I like builds that help the team with healing.

I read a thread about a Nec/War using a sword. Used Mark of Pain, and a bunch of Wells.

Mes/W or W/Mes for Illusionary Weapon and DoT spells.
    Chung Wei Shan (Mo/W) -- June Leigh (Me/N) -- Zhong Bao Feng (R/E)
    Come on, fhqwhgads! Everybody to the Limit!

I made an interesting and suprisingly successful W/E yesterday.
    Yes it is knockdown, but no it is not aftershock.
    Instead I used Mark of Rodgort, in combination with a fire hammer :P
    Mmm knockdown AND burning degen. Can even take down monks. Burning degen is particularly high too.
    The build wasnt perfect, probably needs tweaking but I found it fun and new. Biggest drawbacks are that you need glyph of lesser energy (since Mark takes 25 energy to cast) and you really dont have as much defence as earth magic would provide.
    I find innovation is generally better in PvP, since common builds are often countered easily.

Oh and I would hold off making a Me/N for a while unless you really enjoy being aggroed. Thanks to the nasty fragility / virulence build this combo is targetted to a rediculous extreme, usually even before monks in the party. I had a domination / curses Me/N but shes taking a well deserved break.
    I got tired of hearing the same:
    'Take out the viruspiker first!'
    'Erm im not viruspiker'
    'Shut up! Thats why!'
    *gets chased by the whole opposing team*
    My mesmer is good, but no mesmer can take the aggro of 4 or more people at once without fantastic monk support.
    Last edited by evilastroboy; 22-08-2005 at 12:33.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Veritas Invictus [TRUE]

i have:

E/M
    R/W
    N/W
    M/W

If someone else is already using it then it won't be unique. It takes time and practice to perfect a good build which means that the user is familiar with when, where and under which circumstances that a specific skill set will work well. That's not something that can be transferred to another player easily. And "cool" is in the eye of the beholder.
    GWOnline Social Media Manager

well a good suggestion would be just to browse the strategy forums since they are filled with ideas for inspiration. This is not completelly appropriate for this forum I think.

Goodluck in finding inspiration

hmmm I'm gonna think about it. I really don't like spell casters...but...

Give me more ideas :)
    Casters are the only classes imo, more variety freedom and imagination :love57: