PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thumbs down Dont Nerf Chain Lightning Petition

Reply here to let them know your against the unfairly nerfed Chain Lightning spell that will appen this week.

Well I am against it.

Edit: Im not against rebancing of the spell, I just think the patch changes are way to drastic.

So feel free to post here other ways to balance the skill.

Xill
    Last edited by Pionata; 25-08-2005 at 10:23.

Angry

i think they shud take out the exhaustion for chain lightning at least becase it seems fireball well be much better then chain lightning now with same cast time same energy cost 13 second faster recharge plus around the same damge to an area except if it misses

Quote Originally Posted by aya pe 001
    i think they shud take out the exhaustion for chain lightning at least becase it seems fireball well be much better then chain lightning now with same cast time same energy cost 13 second faster recharge plus around the same damge to an area except if it misses
    This is true... chain lightning would be completely ruined for PvE... all PvP aside.

However, a well coordinated spiking team can drop 3 foes with one spell... that was the issue.

Now, Anet seemed to have PvP in mind during this "skill update". Fire is already dominant in PvE ... and making an AOE skill like Fireball / Meteor even better is just... well too good for PvE. Who would use Lightning Orb over Fireball? I used to look at the two skills rather equally due to Fireball's AOE damage and Lightning Orb's armor penetration... now there's no doubt which skill I'd prefer.

Any easy fix is to reduce the bouncing damage like the typical Warcraft3 chain lightning... the damage is lowered for every subsequent target. Anet's point was that lightning should be best for single targets... well there's your solution.
    Last edited by Hydralisk_X; 25-08-2005 at 10:21.

they should keep the nerf to it but remove exhaustion maybe nerf the dmg down a bit more adn then no exhaustion

Before having even seen this change in its full context, I am going to have to put my tentative approval to a nerf of Chain Lightning. It might be nice if the other elements got more of a go. :)

GWOnline.Net Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydralisk_X
    Any easy fix is to reduce the bouncing damage like the typical Warcraft3 chain lightning... the damage is lowered for every subsequent target. Anet's point was that lightning should be best for single targets... well there's your solution.
    That's what I think they should do, but then there'd be more Guild Wars, Warcraft comparisons. Actually, GW's Chain Lightning is more like the Naga Sea Witch's Forked Lightning.

Also, the damage change seems to be an increase, if the 85 damage is for level 12. Does this mean they took out its armor penetration? I would prefer that they lower the base damage and keep the armor penetration, which is an important feature and theme of Air Magic, imo.

Lightning vs. Fire

The primary difference between lightning and fire damage is that lightning is meant to be a very powerful single target damage line, while fire should be a very powerful multi-target line. We felt that Chain Lightning was a little too powerful in terms of multi-target damage, and we felt that some of the basic fire spells like Fireball and Meteor where a little too expensive for the damage they did. We reduced the damage and effect of Chain Lightning and lowered the costs on some of the fire spells to help bring these more into balance.

• Meteor: lowered Energy cost to 5
    • Fireball: lowered Energy cost to 10 and recharge time to 7
    • Chain Lightning: increased cast time to 3 seconds; decreased damage to 10..85; lowered maximum distance between targets
    Taken from an internet news site (I won't provide the link as I'm not sure we are allowed)

GWOnline.Net Member
    Looking at it the other way, the fire spells got a whole lot better looking. Fireball is going to be awesome!

Only thing I can say: adapt to the changes made

Lightning eles were overpowered, yes they can be countered, but dropping 2-3 enemies within one blast, well... Sorry you feel it ruined your build, however I feel it openens the way for new fresh builds
    Last edited by Martian Tristar; 25-08-2005 at 13:02.

GWOnline.Net Member
    Just take anoter ele or two along. Problem solved :surprise: