PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Gaile Gray's Q&A

Well, Gaile stopped by the Lion's Arch International District tonight. Questions started out pretty well and at a decent pace (she can type crazy fast). Within 20 minutes or so, some basic flaming had started and was getting a bit annoying. The place was completely full, and people were asking questions simultaneous. Gaile answered as many as she could, and did a very decent job of selecting the good questions out of most of the crap with which people were spamming her.

All in all, it was nice to chat with a member of Anet about the new changes. If Gaile should read this, thank you again for stopping by.

(P.S. She called me a poet. :uhhuh: )

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrole
    Well, Gaile stopped by the Lion's Arch International District tonight. Questions started out pretty well and at a decent pace (she can type crazy fast). Within 20 minutes or so, some basic flaming had started and was getting a bit annoying. The place was completely full, and people were asking questions simultaneous. Gaile answered as many as she could, and did a very decent job of selecting the good questions out of most of the crap with which people were spamming her.

All in all, it was nice to chat with a member of Anet about the new changes. If Gaile should read this, thank you again for stopping by.

(P.S. She called me a poet. :uhhuh: )
    Do you have a screenshot of what she said? :(

If you happen to have a screenshot of the conversation that would be wonderful. Have not been able get around Tyria much as of late, but I would love to see what was said and how it went.
    Sad it degenerated to a bbq with spam.

I know LA is a great place for a meet and greet, but do you think next time for a more informal setting, somewhere smaller? Maybe Pikens, Grendich, Augury Rock, Ice Tooth or Port Sledge?

eh....I was there for about 45 minutes - maybe longer. I would have been more like 100 screenshots.

At any rate, no really new information was divulged. She was mainly taking peoples' suggestions into consideration and answering some fairly basic questions (which can likely be answered by searching this forum too). All in all, it wasn't anything groundbreaking, but it was still nice to have the communication time directly with ANet.

I tried taking screenshots of a lot of the questions, but words were flying by too fast. She can read, and type, incredibly fast. It's scary. There were a lot of people trying to give her hell..but she kept cool.

One thing I do recall is she mentioned contests...and something about one being "seasonal". But my mind is kinda sketchy about the whole thing...

And she talked to me! :surprise:

Quote Originally Posted by Worg
    If you happen to have a screenshot of the conversation that would be wonderful. Have not been able get around Tyria much as of late, but I would love to see what was said and how it went.
    Sad it degenerated to a bbq with spam.
    Apparently Butterat's Dad was in-game and took 60MB worth of screenies. I will be passing these on to you guys soon in a cut-n-pasted format so all the spam is removed.

I think Gaile has a hidden interest in one of my guild members... <_< She replied to him, Tasph Leech, atleast five times. With all those questions flying around that has to be alot, no?

Quote Originally Posted by calderstrake
    Apparently Butterat's Dad was in-game and took 60MB worth of screenies.
    Dear Heavenly Dwayna! There is nothing I could ever say that would be worth 60 MB of someone's hard drive space! 600 Bytes, sure. 30 KB, rarely. 60 MB? Man, I need to hush! :lol:
    Gaile Gray
    Community Relations Manager
    ArenaNet

Quote Originally Posted by Gaile
    Dear Heavenly Dwayna! There is nothing I could ever say that would be worth 60 MB of someone's hard drive space! 600 Bytes, sure. 30 KB, rarely. 60 MB? Man, I need to hush! :lol:
    Considering all the spam which must have been flying around, I'd say it's a safe bet that you are only responsible for maybe ~1MB out of those 60MB. ;)
    Cut and pasted to keep only the relevant questions and answers, and turned to jpg, this will not endanger anyone's hard drive anymore. You can rest assured. :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaile
    hay gaile, whats up with the 25 from the victory in arenas, i thought it was 5x :(