PC Gaming News

Thread: death magic

death magic

I have a lv 6 necro/monk and I have pumped into death magic, soul reaping, and healing prayers

are there any good death magic builds anymore? putrid explosion got nerfed and minions are crap from the desert and on. I want to be death magic, so no blood magic or curses

*maybe ANet can power up death magic in the 2nd expansion :happy14:

Quote Originally Posted by Boseph Yoshida
    I have a lv 6 necro/monk and I have pumped into death magic, soul reaping, and healing prayers

are there any good death magic builds anymore? putrid explosion got nerfed and minions are crap from the desert and on. I want to be death magic, so no blood magic or curses

*maybe ANet can power up death magic in the 2nd expansion :happy14:
    I beg to differ on the minion usefullness and putrid, but that's another day. Putrid and minionmaster skills aren't the only things in Death Magic you know, there are lots of different things, such as : Death Nova, Deathly Swarm, Deathly Chill, Consume Corpse, etc. I find that combining Death Magic with Blood Magic greatly increases the effectiveness of both, but if you want to go all Death Magic, I would reccomend something like......

1) Tainted Flesh (E)
    2) Deathly Swarm
    3) Animate Bone Minions
    4) Death Nova
    5) Consume Corpse
    6) Deathly Chill
    7) Taste of Death
    8) Rez/Vile Touch/Whatever

All Death Magic builds tend to be less effective than when mixed with another Necro branch, IMO. See what you can come up with, there are some other very handy skills in the Death Magic line that you can use. :happy34:

Don't think minions are crap from desert beyond. I personally don't like minions in the desert because of the conditions existing there. But in the Shiverpeaks with your newfounded Verata's Sacrifice you'll be steaming minions everywhere. In the Southern Shiverpeaks I find minions EXTREMLY useful probally the place you really want a minion master on your team. In the Ring of Fire however, there are little corpses and monsters become much tougher.

Not to mention you can cap those skills before you get to the desert, from Verata on Kessex Peak...

I think post desert minions may not be useless but you can use your spells much more efficiently after that point. Instead of all your focus going into raising and maintaining minions you could be casting degens, life stealing and wells left and right to keep yourself and your teammates or henchies alive when fighting the ever growing groups of monsters.