PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: soul feast...

soul feast...

well since putrid got a cooldown added, how about soul feast? it makes bodies just as unusable as putrid did but instead of damage the caster is healed. it costs the same energy and has the same cast time. anyone else think it needs a small cooldown also?

The problem with putrid was not the fact that it consumed bodies, but rather that putrid chain reactions would wipe out entire teams.

Which isn't a problem with Soul Feast.

it was my understanding and from complaints i saw about putrid that they were both reasons for nerf. putrid could chain kill when people were bunched up and rendered almost all spells that targeted corpses useless as it was much faster cast than anyother skill. though now you can still spam putrid and take down the other bodies with soul feast before anyother necros can raise minions/wells. i dont think one skill should be able to eat every body on the field in a matter of seconds, thats just not balanced.

I play a necro so I dont know if my 2 cents holds a lot of water.
    But I have to agree.

If corpses are needed for certain skills to work the balance should be cast vs cooldown.

If your corpses skill has a quick cast in needs a long cooldown.
    This way you can only occasionally deny corpse but not continuosly.

If you have 1 or 2 skills that can cast faster and cool down as fast as other skills, then those 1 or 2 skills is all you will ever need for corspes.

Imo, all of the minon spells should be instant recast.
    You are paying for it with high energy and cast time.
    All of the other ones can remain low energy and quicker cast speed, but have at least 8 seconds seconds tacked on for recast.

Well if you ask me, the fact that you need a corpse in the first place is a cool down. Putrid chains don't work unless there are multiple corpses to begin with, unless there are people with low enough health standing nerby. Often, this isn't the case. To me, a team that gets wiped out by a putrid chain has a high degree of stupid to be standing that close together around that many dead bodies, with a necro around.

Quote Originally Posted by Jahoclave
    Well if you ask me, the fact that you need a corpse in the first place is a cool down. Putrid chains don't work unless there are multiple corpses to begin with, unless there are people with low enough health standing nerby. Often, this isn't the case. To me, a team that gets wiped out by a putrid chain has a high degree of stupid to be standing that close together around that many dead bodies, with a necro around.
    amen brother.

As a necro too, soul feast is a great self-heal if one is specializing in soul reaping, death, and some secondary attribute. It's even more necessary if your not using minions for taste of death which is even better for healing.

Plus long cool downs on minions would ruin PvE minion masters. If it went that far. blabla.

With one of my toons as a necro who has been mainly PvE, and is now doing more PvP, i do agree with the cooldown period of putrid for PvP, although there are usually never enough corpses to trigger chain reactions anyway. I always have bloodstained boots equipped just for that edge, as I will always try to trigger corpses before any enemy necros can use them for their own infernal purposes.

Unfortunately, my PvE style has now taken a bit of a hit, as I can't wreak havoc on mobs like I used to be able to. I guess we just have to take the rough with the smooth, and adapt our playing style accordingly. Maybe now I will try other corpse usage spells in preference. Unless, of course, I am up against those nasty little Summit gnashers; then everything gets nuked before they can conjure up fiends...

i do have a necro, which is why i noticed that this still can eat through corpses. i think the 5 seconds on putrid is a tad high maybe more around 3 would make it better, and i think soulfeast should be the same. im not sure how fast bloodstained boots cut the cast time on spells, but if there is 3-4 corpses from both teams combined at once and say frozen soil is down, you can bet there might be one minion and the rest used by some spammable spell, use to be putrid and now can be soul feast with one putrid or 2 if you have a 20/20 staff and get lucky. and with the nerf of natures renewal that leaves well of the profane as the only aoe multi enchant remove since chiblains is only 1 per target, this makes well of the profane completely useless with its long cast time and high energy cost.