PC Gaming News

Thread: Specialization?

GWOnline.Net Member

Specialization?

Hi. Is it true that elementalists shouldn't use every attribute they have (earth, air, water, fire). Instead they should choose two or three and just develop those ones only. Is this recommended? I can see why, because if you choose like two attributes, you can put all ur points into those, and they become very powerful very quickly. Is this why people wear those 1.5k and 15k armours (aero, pyro, hydro, and geomancer's), to reflect what magic the mainly use, like a person who likes air magic the best would wear areomancer's? Thnks again.

Luv,

Phoenyx

You can be much more efficient focusing on one or 2 attributes, but you'll be less versatile. There's a tradeoff there, but almost everybody prefers to specialize.

As for the armour, people choose the one that protects against the element they're going to run into most often. Alternatively, they pick the one that looks nicest. Armour has no effect on your skills, only on what they protect you from.

For example, in Ascalon you'll be getting hit with fire a lot, so pyromancer armour is recommended. Once you get to the Shiverpeaks, cold damage becomes dominant, so you might want to get some hydromancer armour. Kryta seems to be a bit of a mixed bag element-wise, with fire and air being prominent. Eventually you'll get to the jungle and desert, where earth becomes the element that'll annoy you most, aside from the hydras throwing fire at you, so some geomancer's might help. Then it's back to the Shiverpeaks and onward to the Ring of Fire.

The primary element keeps changing, and a lot of people don't bother changing their armour based on the area, so they consign themselves to taking more damage in some places in return for less damage in others, or they mix and match, or just pick what they like best.
    Scott the Green, W/X | Scott the Happy, N/R,Me | Scott the Inept, Me/X | Scott the Farseeing, Rt/N,E | Scott the Hurt, Mo/A
    Scott the Physical, E/Me | Scott the Clumsy, A/E | Scott the Pacifist, D/Mo | Scott the Aimless, R/P | Scott the Quiet, P/N
    Scott the Burdened, mule | Sorka Nordentaller, female mesmer who doesn't match the naming scheme

GWOnline.Net Member

Elementalists

Oh ok, that makes sense, but if you mix them up, will you get the resistances to all elements?

or you can be an e/r or have a ranger in your group carry winter and this way u can always have hydromancer armor on which maximizes your protection works even better with greater conflag

I got yelled at during a 3-man run through UW because I was wearing pyro armor, but not a pyromancer (I'm Earth with a bit of Hydro). Called me the crappiest nuker he'd ever seen.

Cause, you know, a 9 second blind on Ax's is completely useless...

Teg
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenyxia
    Oh ok, that makes sense, but if you mix them up, will you get the resistances to all elements?
    no, you'll only get the bonus protection if you've been hit in that particular location (robes/gloves/leggings/shoes)

Quote Originally Posted by Wippit Guud
    I got yelled at during a 3-man run through UW because I was wearing pyro armor, but not a pyromancer (I'm Earth with a bit of Hydro). Called me the crappiest nuker he'd ever seen.

Cause, you know, a 9 second blind on Ax's is completely useless...
    The problem with some players is: if they don't see any spectacular effect that comes w/ the spell, it's useless :uhhuh:
    Last edited by Teg; 04-09-2005 at 07:37.

Quote Originally Posted by Teg
    The problem with some players is: if they don't see any spectacular effect that comes w/ the spell, it's useless :uhhuh:
    It's why I call every single nuke spell I cast - predominately eruption and maelstorm - when in groups. That way they know I'm doing something.

And nothing says loving like the 20%+20% fast cast on earth catches, and you see me cast eruption twice in 2 seconds followed by a maelstorm.