PC Gaming News
    jztennisplaya

How can you tell the difference in difficulty between quests?

How can you tell the difference in difficulty between quests in the quest log. Is the top most quest the hardest? Or the bottom one? Thanks for any input.

Probably from the quest rewards... I.E. Exp that you gain.

None of the quests are "hard"... some just take longer... with the longer ones netting more Exp (usually... the crystal desert ones are damn easy for 1k exp).

Quest "difficulty" has nothing to do with the order in your quest log.

Quote Originally Posted by jztennisplaya
    How can you tell the difference in difficulty between quests in the quest log. Is the top most quest the hardest? Or the bottom one? Thanks for any input.
    As far as I know, there is no real way to tell the difficulty of quests aside from reading in a forum or some walkthrough.

The game doesn't tell you, but then again, no 'one' quest is really that difficult, all quests can be done with bots with relative ease. Now, if you mean mission, that's a whole different story...(but you couldn't have meant that... I think)

Quote Originally Posted by Hydralisk_X
    Probably from the quest rewards... I.E. Exp that you gain.

None of the quests are "hard"... some just take longer... with the longer ones netting more Exp (usually... the crystal desert ones are damn easy for 1k exp).

Quest "difficulty" has nothing to do with the order in your quest log.
    You beat me by '1' minute, which was more than likely, a few seconds, grrr.

well, you do the quests in order and take notes every step of the way and hope anyone you might be playing with is not really ticked off by the fact that you are not paying that much attention to the game, instead you are trying to discover which quests are harder than which and when you get to the end of the game, you have to do that all again to determine the difficulty level for a different profession (so about 8 times to cover a bit of ground, but not to waste too much time, like you wouldn't want to do it once with each of ele/r, ele/m, ele/ me, ele/w, ele, n, then reverse and mulitply that by 6) and then you can determine which quest was hardest based on the spawns you got that time... uh... in short,

you can't tell before you do it. they are all changing all the time. but they are all hard at level 1.

Often the higher xp rewards come from more difficult quests (at least that's been my experience).

That's just a guideline, though, there's really very little to worry about difficulty-wise until you start seeing quests that give rewards of well over 1k xp (Galrath, anyone?).

Of course, what was difficult for me may be a cakewalk for you.

None of the quests are difficult, except the Galrath one which you should probably do when you're near level 20 and start from ToA. The quests are arranged in the quest log alphabetically.