PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lowered req for skill points?

Quote Originally Posted by from release notes
    Skill Acquisition

"The maximum amount of XP required to gain additional skill points beyond level 20 has been lowered from 20,000 to 15,000. This change retroactively benefits existing characters."
    I havent seen any increase in my available skill points??

EDIT : Oops .. just got 5 extra ... Sorry! :p
    Last edited by Findariel; 08-09-2005 at 06:39.

Lam
    How did you "just" get 5 extra? What were you doing at the time? My character still seems to have the 2 that he had pre-SF update. :confused:

I didn't get the extra skill points until I earned XP

haha..yeah

I solo wanded a phantom in peditrion rock (With the help of Hydra's MS's :P) then I killed it, gained 14 skill points, =)

Quote Originally Posted by SinFiery
    haha..yeah

I solo wanded a phantom in peditrion rock (With the help of Hydra's MS's :P) then I killed it, gained 14 skill points, =)
    I just deleted a Mo last week with 1.2Mil EXP. Oops... Good thing I have all the skills unlocked already. :sad44: :bonk:

I had 1.1m xp :P

Im about 50k faction away from unlocking every skillpoint :happy34:

GvG ownage soon :]

GWOnline.Net Member
    First monster I killed I got 6 points :surprise:
    Hehe was pretty happy with that... Caps Sigs ahoy.

Quote Originally Posted by SinFiery
    haha..yeah
    OMG I did exactly the same!! I read about the collectors on Perdition Rock and I just looked outside the door .. 1 kill and I got 5 skill points :happy05:

My farming warrior hd 71 .. makes me wonder how many extra she's going to get :p

its retro active, re calculates your skill points based on your total expirence and missions complete. instead of dividing beyond lvl 20 by 20,000 it is divided by 15,000. To make it fair on old chars :happy34:

Hurrr, yes, this doesn't mean that from now on each kill will get you a ton of points. You only had to kill any monster to gain any amount of exp for the "update" to take place. Gained 5 points myself and several levels through soloing.