PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

To all europe players...

Hi,

I am from england, and i have moved realms to america. I have no switches left, but have e-mailed ANET about it and the have given me 4 extra changes. i was just wondering If i should move back to europe or not. the bonus is that i can start up my own guild and be on in the same time zones. the reason i moved from europe to america is the UW (i dont go there anymore so that dosnt matter really) and running. Does europe have running services? And what are prices like in europe etc? thanks

Flex

There are runners in Europe, more then enough. If you don't care about favor then you might as well come back. Be forewarned though: it's a lot less crowded.

[Edit] and about prices: trader prices are exactly the same and I suspect the black marcket has the same prices as well.
    Last edited by Tortoise; 13-09-2005 at 18:06.

Well im on Europe and have one switch left. ive decided to stay with Europe as although Favor is very rare (also means Fissure sets are rarer) i find that the people on Europe are (IMHO) alot more pleasent and you get alot less "griefers".

Its an interesting point that Anet gave you more switches. Im thinking alot of people will try emailing them now...
    | Malkieth Darkfrost - lvl 20 Necromancer\Elementalist (ascended) |
    | Kyleane Coldlight - lvl 20 Warrior\Ranger (ascended) |
    | Alycia Moonbreaker - lvl 8 Elementalist\Ranger |
    (Owned all 13 sets of Warrior armour at once. See the full collection here)

GWOnline.Net Member
    fissure armour is rare to say the least in europe server
    heck fissure is rare on europe servers....
    alot of zones are empty or near empty alot of the time
    (copperhammer => you are in luck if you meet 5 people, fire island missions = a real pain cause lack of people)

black market prices are probably a bit different
    chaos axes, stormbows, eternal bows and shields are less common then on american server (although alot have been introduced thx to people farming on american server, switching back and selling for a huge profit)

To be honnest I don't remember having seen even a single fissure armor in game (I mean not in picture as on this site).
    And I've never sided with a ranger having a spider as a pet... and worse I've met many people who told me spider pets don't exist in this game.
    Eternal bow or shields, chaos axes and other weapons still surprise a lot of people (even at level 20) and they ask where those weapons can be found.

UW/FoW is becoming a legend on European servers... be prepared for that!

Otherwise I've never seen any of the scams people keep complaining about on this pages and people seem to be a lot nicer. So welcome back :)

I don't have much experience of the American Servers but I find the general ambience of the European Severs much more relaxed.
    Join our European super guild at www.roguestoriches.co.uk. What makes it super? I am in it!

Sweet, you got more changes!

I went to american for a while, and went UW/FOW crazy. Soon got burnt out on them though; I must have played through the starts of both so many times I could do it in my sleep.

But that was all I was there for, and apart from that I was separated from my guild (meaning I couldn't help out as effectively) and I found the majority of the player-base to be less ... mature. I switched back.

Europe still gets favour occassionally (twice in two days recently) and this time I enjoy the trips - and actually got a LOT further with a europe group in FoW than I get with over a hundred american groups).

I'd advise coming home if you have friends here, but if it's just to start a guild with the same timezone, might not be as good a chocie as I found it to be.

GWOnline.Net Member
    In my opinion you should stay on the american server. And I think Anet should remove your free changes again. You made a choice out of greed and thus should except the results from it.

On the eurpean server we need more people that go fight in HoH when we dont have favor to get favor instead of going to a different server to get favor. To many people do this and the status quo of favor is kept in check.

By all means stay on the american server and dont bother with this kind of questions. The only good thing in your post is the fact that you share that you got another 4 free server changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinshi
    In my opinion you should stay on the american server. And I think Anet should remove your free changes again. You made a choice out of greed and thus should except the results from it.

On the eurpean server we need more people that go fight in HoH when we dont have favor to get favor instead of going to a different server to get favor. To many people do this and the status quo of favor is kept in check.

By all means stay on the american server and dont bother with this kind of questions. The only good thing in your post is the fact that you share that you got another 4 free server changes.
    What sort of answer is that? There's nothing greedy about wanting to explore and adventure in the FoW and UW, it's perfectly normal, the guy paid for the game after all like all of us, so if he wished to access these areas, he had no choices but to make the switch. Now he wants to come back to Europe, and you're telling him "we don't want you". Did you try recently to do these ring of fire mission? There's nobody there, it's almost impossible to form a decent group due to the lack of people (and lack of classes that you need). I'm almost considering switching to american servers so I can complete these missions.

Anybody coming back to Europe servers should be welcomed, we definetely need more players.

GWOnline.Net Member
    I'm in the UK but switched to the American servers back when there wasn't serperate districts for English speakers. Recently though I was having trouble getting into a group for a few of the later missions and thought I'd try the Euro servers for new players... two words: barren wasteland.

I've since used up all my switches and have no problem with staying on the American servers forever, it's worth it just for the abundance of players at all hours of the day.