PC Gaming News
    GWOnline.Net Member

New Monk builds after the nerf?

About four days before the Sorrows Furnace update, I finally finished leveling, and buying skills for my second character, a Smiting Monk build that I was able to solo outside of Droknars with, and planned to try Underworld with eventually. I guess the Underworld idea is out now, but:

After the update, I found out they nerfed Zealots Fire, and Bonetti's Defense, and since then I can't seem to find a build that works for soloing the higher level creatures anymore. I can't seem to do enough damage to take them down fast.

Has anyone found any new Monk builds that work after the nerf? I also have a W/Mo. I've heard that people are starting some builds to solo with them. Anyone had sucess with that?

GWOnline.Net Member
    Looks like you gonna have to come up with something YOURSELF.

It sounds scary doesn't it? :(

GWOnline.Net Member
    scrap your monk and warrior monk.

make a necro/ranger with 16 blood, 12 wilderness survival, and 4 soulreaping.

call him "Solo Joe" and make him wear purple 15k necrotic armor.

use the elite "offering of blood" and many life stealing spells. add to that troll unguent and storm chaser.

now you have a pretty nice soloer character, imho.

feel free to try it out, but you can't do the "invinci-monk" thing very well anymore. you even said it yourself... not enough damage fast enough. with this build, the worst thing you would have to worry about is interupt rangers.

GWOnline.Net Member
    I think it's hilarious that you'd come here to ask for a new build. As other posters have stated, figure it out yourself.

My solo monk build is not affected at all by the last update, save for the fact I can't solo the UW. But guess what? I spent about 10 mins last night working through things with a fellow solo guildie, and we did a 2 man run of the UW. Sure, it's a bit harder, definately requires voice comms, and is easier to die, but that makes it more fun. In fact, I think we may be able to use the build to do two man runs of the FoW. Plus, ecto seems to drop more often. I'm almost done with my FoW armor for my warrior, and after that, all the ecto and shards go to the next guildie in line. In the meantime, I still take out hydras before they can cast a second meteor.

Use your brain. I for one certainly won't be giving free rides on builds anymore.

Sure, lets say someone gave you another build to use. Here is what would happen:

Other people would see it, so they would copy it.
    There will be (once again) a major shortage on monks, so people who actually play the game wont be able to.
    ANet will see this new build and wait for the next big patch to "fix" it, thus screwing up the PvE some more.
    Then, you'll be back here asking for another build just to get ANet to screw up the next build.

Give it up, not everyone is suppost to get Fissure armor so stop asking for, literally, free ecto/shards just so you can be just like the other 20 people with Fissure armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimoire Zephyr
    Sure, lets say someone gave you another build to use. Here is what would happen:

Other people would see it, so they would copy it.
    ANet will see this new build and wait for the next big patch to "fix" it, thus screwing up the PvE some more.
    Then, you'll be back here asking for another build just to get ANet to screw up the next build.

Give it up, not everyone is suppost to get Fissure armor so stop asking for, literally, free ecto/shards just so you can be just like the other 20 people with Fissure armor.
    Sooo true..
    I think if somebody does huge amount of testing and inspecting with character and skills and comes up with build that can solo everything.he surely can have that fissure armor because it shows other ppl that maybe you might know something.
    I try to disrespect those kind of ppl that just looks for solobuilds and copies them.
    This game would be much better if no-one would copy each others builds, everyone should come-up with own builds.
    I have spent about 30hours just testing and trying to combine skills and professions and i have come up with one good solobuild. so if someone does this kind of work and the build leaks to forums that means that everyone has one solobuild more and Anet will nerf it again and my 30hour work goes waste :(
    30 hours playing can be compared to about 150-450plats depending where and how will you play.

plz try to keep your ultimate builds to yourself even you would like to be "elite" and get some macho feelings by posting those builds here :happy34:
    with no offence...

It is still very possible to solo UW with the invinci-monk build. Without saying too much, the people that have been soloing FoW for months already know the secret to solo-monking groups with enchant-removal in them. (and the new enemies in UW die in just a couple hits anyway, much easier than mesmers in FoW)

It's true that solo runs go a little slower since the nerf and update. But pick up one more monk to accompany you and you'll still tear through a smite run very very quickly.

~Bella

GWOnline.Net Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Freez
    plz try to keep your ultimate builds to yourself even you would like to be "elite" and get some macho feelings by posting those builds here :happy34:
    with no offence...
    lol, I hope this isn't aimed at me. I was joking, but now that i think about it, I might make my necro ranger secondary.

It's all about my elite macho feelings.... and Solo Joe.

And Soloing is boring, sorry to all those out there that hate me now.