PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 15k worth it?

15k worth it?

Ok, so I know that 15k is strictly for looks. Right now I have Droks fanatics armor, and it looks pretty good. But I am starting to get interested in 15k now.

The one I'm looking at is the necrotic, which boasts higher defense than other armor. Problem is, it has weakness to holy magic.

I'm worried about going into pvp and finding a smiting monk kicking the crap out of me. With the armor I have now I would be ok, but with the necrotic I might be in trouble. Is it worth the money?

Most monks probably will recognize the armor too. :eek:

I went with the 15k cultist. Even though it is just a decorated fanatics suit, I still think it is worth it to look a little more unique.
    Proud member of Sins
    Member of the Sins Alliance
    Mystic Tiger
    Mystics Angel (my fiance's account)
    First Sunspear Marshal and one of the "Super Fans"

Don't use PVE Char in PVP. Use a PVP one ;) Problem is fixed ;) Use Necrotic, not many Holy dam in PVE. I use Necrotic and Bonelace, I switch when I want, But my necrotic is the most used by myself ;)

I've seen the Cultists armor, and it looks ok. My armor shows more color than it does, which is kinda wierd.

So its safe to get necrotic then?

Do not take a set of necrotic into PvP dude. You'll get hurt, bad. PvP is crawling with smiters these days. Now of course most of it is "fire" damage, but they still use Balth's Aura and it'll pwn you. Harshly.

Necrotic is a good choice for PvE generally, as not a lot of mobs out there use holy damage. Blessed Griffons and Azure Shadows and all the Cactuses do, so watch out for them. Other than that, generally speaking, the extra 10 AL will serve you well.

Quote Originally Posted by ccrazool
    Do not take a set of necrotic into PvP dude. You'll get hurt, bad. PvP is crawling with smiters these days.
    This depends on which PvP he/she engages in. I have yet to see ANY smiting in 4v4, however my very first GvG showcased a Smite team (3 warriors, at least 2 with hammers, 2 E/Mo smiters, 1 Mo/N heal/smiter I presumed, and a Necro for Profane to out profane an opposing profane).

The original poster didn't define which gender they wanted the armor for. I have both 15k Necrotic and 15k Cultist on my female Necro. In hindsight I think I would have been happier in Droks armor but can't bring myself to salvage 15k armor sets. Droks Necrotic is horrid looking on females though.

Maybe I should just stick with my Fanatics.......

Or maybe I'll go for the 15k cultists, it seems now that necrotic armor does not fare too well in competition.

Is necrotic really that weak against holy damage? :confused:

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoSoul
    Maybe I should just stick with my Fanatics.......

Or maybe I'll go for the 15k cultists, it seems now that necrotic armor does not fare too well in competition.

Is necrotic really that weak against holy damage? :confused:
    Well, BA does around 23 per second, dmg in its description. Im usually taking around 46+ per second.

I heard that smiting damage always deals damage to the chest, so you can just mix and match. Take a Bonelance or Cultists chest with Tormentor's/ Necrotics everything else and you're good to go. However, I have yet to test this, so I have no honest idea.

Unhappy

Male Necrotic 15k looks nice... Though i personally hate the turtleneck. It would have looked awesome without it.